Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello to all, wow I am impressed with this board.. I see everyone is claiming about 40 mpg on average.. My 1800 is brand new and I seem to be a bit under theese numbers.. I am assuming it is due to not being fully broken in.. And I have not done an exact calculation.. Wife and I are going up to vermont this weekend so I will get some true numbers.. But of course I am panicked "oh my god what is wrong with my bike " new jitters.. Also have probably not been riding in my usuall style,, faster than usuall especially on the highway,, You know the getting the feel for it thing...

Thanks Guys, Great board.

Dave

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Further break in will probably help a little bit, but agressive riding will pull the mileage down. If I run my 1500 much over 70 the mileage drops a couple mpg. Your results sound pretty normal to me, especially since you don't have any hard figures on it yet.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I figured as much, I will get a better idea after our trip this weekend.. I am sure all is ok,, after all it is a honda...

Thanks for the reply sir.

Dave

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Hi Dave, town riding drops to 28 or 30mpg, country roads usually at least 36-38mpg and motorway/highway under 70mph should see you get mid 40s mpg at least.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Davo, just completed a 11k trip and the average was 5.25 litres per 100 kms or around 43 mpg. this was running at various speeds from 100 kph up to 180 kph :cool:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

I too have a 05 Goldwing. And have about 8000 miles on it. I just did a border to border Iron Butt ride in 33 hours( from Mexico to Canada with 6 hrs stopover sleep). My mileage at 70 was 40mpg,at 80 was 30mpg and yes at 90+ dropped to 22mpg So mileage varies as it does with any vehicle,depending how you ride.:bat:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Worst I ever got was about 25mpg, riding through Germany at a fairly consistent mid 80s mph. Drop that to around 65mph and I easily get mid 340s to the gallon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.