Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew this was about to happen . On the 4-14-15 I took a longer than normal ride home from work . This was the odometer when I rolled into the shed that evening . Now I would love to double the reading . I suppose it will take me a few years .

Attachments

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I'm impressed.
...not so much with the 200K mark itself, but taking the longer route and pulling-in for the 200K mark.

You Sir, ...are now Road Captain!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Awesome and Congrats! Thanks for proving again that the Wing just keeps on going...

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Congrats on finally getting 'er broke in!

·
Administrator
24,861 Posts
:claps:That's not even 10K a year, you need to go riding Mike.

·
Premium Member
12,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The post is more a testament to the quality of the bike . I must admit I did not put all the miles on her . I just wanted to announce the event .

As for need to go ride , I have to get this JOB thing behind me . I guess I could always take the longer route both directions each day ;) .

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Congrats on 200,000. I put 100,000 on my old bike, have just 29,000 on the new one, but I hope to get to 200,000 some day. when I put the bike away at night it is usually about 8-10 miles from the front of the house to the garage, unless it is raining.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
It's always great to see a Wing living a good full life. Congrats to you both :waving:
I've had friends and coworkers telling me it's time for a new bike when I hit the 100k mark. I tell them the bike will see 200k easy,,, and I can't wait to show them;). I'm at 142k

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Tell your friends that is true on V twins. These 1500s and 1800s will go over 500,000 (and more) miles if properly taken care of.

It's always great to see a Wing living a good full life. Congrats to you both :waving:
I've had friends and coworkers telling me it's time for a new bike when I hit the 100k mark. I tell them the bike will see 200k easy,,, and I can't wait to show them;). I'm at 142k

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Both times at 100k and 200k I was less than a mile from home on my way home from work. Had to pull over and take the picture.

·
Administrator
21,995 Posts
Congratulations on the event and on getting the pic.

For my 100K milestone, I rode Bike in a circle in the parking lot of a Chinese food restaurant, while my hungry friends waited impatiently, until the odo read all 9s. Then I took a picture.
While developing the film, the lid came off the tank and ruined it.

For the 200K mark, I was in a work caravan and couldn't stop, so the photo op was missed.

I will be ready for the 300K event, which should take place in less than two years. I'm at 280 now. Bike's birthday is May 15th.

Again, congrats. Now go out and put some real miles on that thing.

·
Administrator
24,861 Posts
As for need to go ride , I have to get this JOB thing behind me . I guess I could always take the longer route both directions each day ;) .
I put 122,000 on my 08 in 4 1/2 years while still working.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.