Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Been across it twice in the past week ,,scarey to look at it :doh:,but once you are on it ,,no problem ,,just bring a parachute instead of a puncture repair kit ,:banana:,I am still here in France ,,the weather is starting to get a little cool ,so I am heading back to lovely wet Ireland at the end of the week:rollingeyes: ...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

That is cool Wexman:clapper: Are you able to look down and around without getting vertigo? If I converted my meters correctly it is approximately 800 feet from the roadway to the ground and the tallest structure is 1100 feet...and it is 1.5 miles long. Wow.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

yes it is the highest bridge in the world ,,I dont suffer vertigo at any height ,,But it is not for the faint hearted ,in France as indeed most countries it is strictly forbidden to stop on a motorway unless it is in a case of emergency ,,the police patrol the bridge very often and if you stop to have a look you could find yourself eating french bread and cheese for about 6 months as a guest of the French government, but I am sure it will be a target for some mad osamn bin liner fruitcake ,,to blow up ...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

wexman wrote:
yes it is the highest bridge in the world ,,I dont suffer vertigo at any height ,,But it is not for the faint hearted ,in France as indeed most countries it is strictly forbidden to stop on a motorway unless it is in a case of emergency ,,the police patrol the bridge very often and if you stop to have a look you could find yourself eating french bread and cheese for about 6 months as a guest of the French government, but I am sure it will be a target for some mad osamn bin liner fruitcake ,,to blow up ...cheers Ciaran
I will pass on the French jail, but it would be neat to stop and look around. It looks very exciting, we can only hope you are wrong about another extreemist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.