Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Purely out of curiosity...

While trolling eBay for body parts, I've come to notice various appearance differences on the 1500 models. I bought my 93 Aspencade used, so never realized which features were standard, and which were after-market. I always suspected that a lot of the chrome on my bike is after-market (though there's not a ton of it). I also now know that two-tone paint goes to the SE models. A couple things I couldn't figure out...

Which models got body-colored parts on the lower main body, including exhaust guards and cowl? Was that on later years or on SE models? They are gray / silver on my red bike. I would replace mine with red, but there aren't many on eBay.

Did any models get a stock tail/brake light in the center fender piece? Mine had a reflector. I've purchased a used fender that came with a light and I will install it when I fix the other collision damage. The light is marked Stanley and looks just like the other tail lights, and will plug right in.

Did any models get standard lights in the sides of the saddlebags? Sides of the trunk? Looks like the trunk was made for it but not the saddlebags. There is an unused green connector on each side under the trunk.

Which models got silver (not chrome) front disc covers? I'm glad to have chrome but am curious whether it's stock.

Thanks for any info you care to share. You may help me win if a spontaneous game of "name the year and model" ever erupts.

Eric

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/8357.html

This thread should be able to answer your question. Scroll down to the GL 1500 section and see the paint schemes for each year. As far as the cosmetic things like the front disc cover...well someone else ought to be able to tell you more than I.

Good luck with the reflector/tail light conversion.

Ride safe,

SHNEV

·
Premium Member
61,440 Posts
imported post

JerseyWinger
I have a 93 Asp also.. I to went to E bay and looked at the 93 and 94s for sale.. I was also curious, I didn't know what was stock.. I was surprised at the amount of extras that are on mine, chrome and lights.. Looked like just about anything chrome is a add on and any lights other than stop and turn or also addons..

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

OK, I found the answer to the cowl colors in Steve's Goldwing History link. Can someone enlighten me on the other questions? What's the story on the rotor covers and rear lighting?

Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Hi jersey. I see you found my thread posting basically the same question about the lower body panel colours vs. chrome. As far as I know, my 1998 SE is factory equiped with the chrome belly covers but Steves history says colour matched belly covers were introduced in 1997. I wonder if Aspencade had one while SE had the other. Mine is a Canadian Edition (whatever that means) and so, this may make a difference as well. I;m sure only Steve and his wisdom can root through this one. How about it Steve?

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Hi guys I have a 95aspencade and have the sierra green color and it has matching green exhast covers and lowers, also has chrome rotor covers. I had a 93 Interstate new and that model didn't come with chrome rotor covers or color matched lowers. I think Aspencades had it stock though.:waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.