Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Brand new '16 GL1800 audio.comfort, 8000 miles. Just noticed a minor squeal fron the front brake when stopping, only at the end of the stop. ANything I can use to clean the rotors since I'm thinking its not the pads with the low mileage. Googled it and found a buzzilion things. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank, ride AND be safe...

TJ

·
Administrator
26,173 Posts
Pull the pads out and rub the friction side on a piece of course sandpaper on a flat surface.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wipe off the rotors with brake clean. Then brake hard a couple times.
If that doesn't work do the sand paper to remove glazing. It's probably oil from the road on the brakes.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
510 Posts
It's not always the friction side of the pads, it's sometimes the back of the pads squealing against the polished ends of the pistons. Use CRC Anti-Squeal spray on them.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It's not always the friction side of the pads, it's sometimes the back of the pads squealing against the polished ends of the pistons. Use CRC Anti-Squeal spray on them.
Yep,they usually include grease with new car pads,never seen it in motorcycle pads

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wipe off the rotors with brake clean. Then brake hard a couple times.
If that doesn't work do the sand paper to remove glazing. It's probably oil from the road on the brakes.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
thank you. will give that a try. makes snese...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts