Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

mirrors on the 1200's are a (weaker link) than mirrors on most bikes, once they get bumped, tweaked..good luck...there are some good links on here with ideas...superglue, etc.... keep reading...

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

you gotta break them lose. they usually stick. the plastic ball mount needs a little lubrication, there is no adjustment so be careful.

·
Texas Boy
278 Posts
imported post

I can't recommend the JC Whitney mirrors for the GL1200. I have one on my bike and the other is the OEM. The Whitnet mirror shakes like crazy and tends to "droop" when it's hot outside. This means I have to reach up and re-adjust every few miles.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The left mirror on my '86 Aspy tended to droop, I put some glue on the ball joint then adjusted the mirror before the glue hardened. After that it stayed put. You couldn't adjust it again so it's important to do it right.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

garyft wrote:
I can't recommend the JC Whitney mirrors for the GL1200...The Whitney mirror shakes like crazy and tends to "droop" when it's hot outside.
I agree. I just installed a set and they are garbage. One side has optics that would only be usefull in a carnival funhouse. Just wavy, with no sense to it at all.

The other side either moves with any bump, or is locked down with no chance of adjustment, depending on howyou adjust the screw.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Really feel dumb but mirror bracket covered in a rubber boot - tried to see ball but couldn't quite make it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.