Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Mirror on my gl 1100 broke off at top right at the mirror so how can I repair this any help on ?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Might be cheaper to buy a new set, I recently seen aftermarket ones that look like OEM and for less than half the cost.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

Is it a farring mount or handle bar?

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

There is a screw that holds the mirror houseing to the stem. Unless it is totally broke you can put the mirrior head in boiling hot water[mirror in the water before heating it] and safely remove the mirror to access the screw. Take your time and you can get it apart without breaking it.

If you decide to buy new ones go to www.partsnmore.com. Not oem but a good sub.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

fairing mounted and thank you I will try the hot water trick. I got caught in a snow fall on a up hill and as I was backing up to turn around my foot slipped and the mirror hit the curb the was the only thing that got damage as the bars around the motor saved all the rest like they are to do

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

I may have a spare. Which mirror got broke? If I do have on eit will be in my garage, unfortunately my garage and my house are't in te same place. I ill be getting over y my garage Tuesday. I'll look then to see if I have the one you need. If I do you can have it for $15+shipping.

If it's just the stem that's damaged I may have that as well. Jus tle tme know what you need and I'll see what I have. I know I also have a spare glass. It's the flat one not the convex.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thank you for the reply I will try to repair it by removing the glass If I can not it is the right hand mirror and it would the whole OEM mirror

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.