Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was wondering if there is someone out there that might have an answer for me. I just got a screamin deal on a set of mirrors for my 85 from ebay. They were off of an 84. They came today and they are great. Until I walked up to my bike with one of them. They are different! Basic question... Will the mirrors from an 84 bolt onto an 85?

I didnt have time to take pictures of the 2 but I will if it will help. Im not ready to tear it apart yet just gathering parts.

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I was thinking all the 1200 fairing mirrors were the same left/rights. Are you sure you looking at it right? They can be a bit odd looking when held up to the bike. The first time I had mine off, to replace the windshield I messed them up going back on.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
I was thinking all the 1200 fairing mirrors were the same left/rights. Are you sure you looking at it right? They can be a bit odd looking when held up to the bike. The first time I had mine off, to replace the windshield I messed them up going back on.
I also believe the 1200 series all share the same mirrors. Possible exception may be the SEI's... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

When i purchased mine from JC whitney the year wasnt a ordering option. So I am pretty sure all 1200 are the same. Only difference you may be seeing is the rubber boot, chrome instead of brushed alumminum.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

85pawingnut,

I looked up the mirrors in the Honda Parts Manual, and i think they are different from '84 to '85 models. I have attached the page from the manual for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

1200keylowatt wrote:
85pawingnut,

I looked up the mirrors in the Honda Parts Manual, and i think they are different from '84 to '85 models. I have attached the page from the manual for reference.
From reading that list it looks like the 85 Interstate and Aspencade use a differeent mirror than the Limited Edition uses.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
From reading that list it looks like the 85 Interstate and Aspencade use a differeent mirror than the Limited Edition uses.
Yes, and the 84 uses a different mirror also. Here is a better shot of the part numbers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
some mirrors are different, but should be the same mount.
Looks like the bolts may be different also (item# 24), so he may have to get creative when mounting them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Some have the brushed aluminum backs on them and others do not. A trim option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.