Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I can't believe that it is happening but it is quite possible that my misfortune will be someone else's good fortune. I must sell my 1985 limited edition sei. Because of the downturn in the economy, I am about to loose my house (I have lived there for 23 years). I am retiring from teaching after 22 years and my salary will be cut in half. My grown kids that were living with me decided that they would bail and left me to carry the full weight of the mortgage on my own. I can't do it so I will be living in my motor home soon. With no place to keep and haul the bike and the car, the bike must go. I purchased it last year before times took a turn for the worse and felt I got a heck of a deal when I bought it for $5000. Since then I have put another grand into it in maintenance and chasing an electrical demon. I did correct the electrical problem so she runs great. I only got to put about 1000 miles on her and she only had just over 22,000 when I got her. She only has just over 23,000 total now. She has all the bells and whistles, the limited edition special keys and Honda helmets and jackets to boot. I know the market is down, so I am looking for four thousand out of her. I will list it on eBay, Craig's list and try to sell her locally but the guys on the forum get first crack. (You all know a value when you see one). The only problem that I know of is a slight exhaust leak at the pipes (seems there is a pinhole at the coupling). She does backfire on decel though not excessively and a quick fix to the leak would probably take care of that. Remembering that she is 24 years old, you would expect a little wear and tear but it is little (some very minor chrome pitting and rust but she is everything you could expect from that particular ride. I just ran a couple of tanks of gas (actually one as the second is still in the tank which is about 3/4 full)and seafoam and I also put a dash in the oil as it is almost time for another oil change (because of time, not use (I do it annually or every 1000 miles whichever comes first). If you want any other info, pics or to take a look or a ride, let me know. I will be out of town this weekend and intend to put it out there by the following weekend so jump in before this one goes away. v_man_1:(

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

Maybe you could buy this to cheer you up bikeouthouse tub sink bike

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

sorry it didn't work tried copy /paste I found this by google odd motorcycles

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

I got it to post in miscellaneous forum maybe it will put a smile on you face sorry for the hard times

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

sorry to hear your misfrtune, hope things will work for best good luck:waving:

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
imported post

I hope things work out for you. Put the bike on E-Bay with a reserve on it. I am pretty sure it will sell there. Try Craigslist too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.