Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

have a problem with engine miss. at slow speeds it will miss and backfire when letting off throttle. if you increase throttle opening it will moan real loud and eventually pick up speed. Have any ides where I need to look?

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

Not very schooled on SEIs but I would suspect the throttle position sensor has a bad spot. From what I read they are discontinued but one from some model Honda car can be substituted. Someone else will probably come along with an answer to that What RPM are you trying to accelerate from? Sounds like you may be lugging it trying to accelerate in too high a gear.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I am usually in od shifting into 4th gear, cant really remember what the rpms are and it will act like it is missing and you let off the throttle and it will backfire. going to be stripping down bike to test various parts and will test tps for bad spot, thanks for the help

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You might shoot Bob (Oregonwinger) a PM, he's very knowledgeable on the LTD/SEI.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

old fart here. stripped down wing and found one clamp loose on rubber at #4 injector base. it was just not on there at all, Went a little further and decided to check the coils. found one coil that had the terminal where the wire plugs in to be a burned silver color. the other three were a nice brass color. will order a coil, seems everything else alright, the ecu lights up but it doesn't flash any codes, so i suspect all my sensors that the ecu reads are working properly. any other ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.