Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI WING MATES AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I PUT MY BELTS ON LAST WEEK AND ALL FILTERS OIL AND SO FORTH,WELL TOOK THE BIKE OUT ON A 50 MILE RIDE AND ALL WENT GREAT,SO PLEASED DONE IT ALL MYSELF,BUT NEXT MORNING HAD A JOB STARTING UP MISSFIRING ONLY ON TWO,SO HAD A LOOK AT IT ,AND IN THE END IT CAME ON ALL SIX AGAIN, A MATE OF MINE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM,AND HE HAD HIS WING PICKED UP,AS IT WONT JUST GO ANY FURTHER,BUT IT CAUSED HIM A LOT OF OTHER PROBLEMS,AS WELL,SO HE SAID HAVE I LOOKED AT THE CRANKCASE BREATHER TUBES,SO I HAD A LOOK AND COULD NOT BELEVE IT MUST HAVE HAD ABOUT A PINT OF WATER COME OUT ALL BROWN LIKE COLOUR,DONT THINK IT HAS EVER BEEN LOOKED AT.SO LOOK AT YOURS JUST IN CASE,NEAR SIDE COVER OFF IN THERE, TAKES ABOUT TWO MINS SHE OK NOW RUNNING VERY GOOD CHEERS GEOFF

SIXFORE123

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::D:D:D:D:clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There are a couple tubes that contain water and oil, these tubes have plugs in the lower end that need to be pulled about once a year to drain. If they get too full the gunk will be pulled into the engine. It's similar to the breather collector tank on the older 'Wings which also need emptying once in a while. The more humidity or rain your climate exposes the bike to the more often those need drained.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

The real old wings GL1000 (75-77 ) just vented the condensation to the atmosphere there was no way to service the canister. It's kind of neat on a cold morning to see the steam coming out of the tube that goes down the back of the engine. Then along came the pollution boys & they changed everything.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, those were the good old days when we didn't have to recycle blowby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.