Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

a friend of mine has a 87 aspencade that has a miss on # 4 cylinder. we have good compression, spark and valve movement. the fuel charge seems to disappear somewhere. this intake runner has a vacuum port on it that supplies vacuum to the slow air and anti backfire valves and even adding fuel through this port we never get any power contribution from this cylinder. using an infrared heat indicator we never get any more than 90 degrees on the head pipe for this cylinder. while the other cylinders exceed 250 degrees. I have removed the diaphram from the carb and cleaned the main jet, also removed drain from bowl to make sure carb it getting fuel. I repair cars for a living but this makes no sense to me help please.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site oldwingsrock! :waving::waving:

Does the spark plug look wet? If it's dry try removing the drain screw on your #4 carb to see if it has any fuel. If there's no fuel in the bowl it's probably a stuck float valve or the little filter under the float seat plugged.It could also be something blocking the fuel flow which comes through the plenum from the #3 if it's similar to the 1100. If the carb bowl is full it would seem that the carb must have some corrosion in it's internal passages or the jets.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

plug is completly dry! is it just coincidence that the problem lies in the only carb with an external vacuum port?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Have you removed the aircleaner and sprayed a bit of gas into the carb intake?

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

the 1200 carbs are different to the 1100. the fuel goes through the carb 4 to the carb 2. the best thing you can do is take the cars out for cleaning

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

i had a problem with a fuel filter on a 1100 a friend had taken it to a dealer to sort it only firing on 3 cyclindres strong on the right side but 3 weaker and 4 not at all. the dealer told him to scrap it the engine was shot! after some investigation and a fuel filter later all was as god had intended! but as william 86 says they are different but maybe worth a look?
Derek

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
the 1200 carbs are different to the 1100. the fuel goes through the carb 4 to the carb 2. the best thing you can do is take the cars out for cleaning
Pretty much the same William, on the 1100 the carbs on each side are linked with aluminum tubes but the fuel is fed through the plenum from the right side to the left side carbs. I thought the 1200s were set up the same way. Whichever way it goes it sure sounds like the #4 isn't getting fuel on this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.