Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Nice! Good find.

Just wish my 'Vac worked. All it did was suck in air around the bleeder screw. I tried putting teflon tape on the threads, but still didn't work that great.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I usually have no problem even with it sucking air through the bleeder screw threads. Only time I did was when I rebuilt my back brake caliper and master cylinder, and replaced the brake line - so it was completely devoid of brake fluid. It didn't work up enough vacuum to pull the fluid through with the bleeder leaking like that. So I put some teflon tape around the threads, and seconds later I had it bled perfectly.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

I just used a friends Mighty Vac and did the same thing with sucking bubbles, take a small wire tie and wrap the hose over the bleeder valve then install the wire tie, still gives enough play to remove and put back on, works as advertised!!

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I don't just stick the hose on the bleeder - my Mity-vac came with a bunch of attachments, one of which is a black right-angle kind of thing. I find it easy to put that on the bleeder (it makes an excellent seal on the bleeder itself), and hold it and the wrench in one hand, while pumping the Mity-vac with the other. When I'm happy with what I'm seeing, I can tighten it without losing the suction and letting air back in.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the info, printed the coupon went and bought bleeder yesterday. Worked great. Only issuehadto drill the head off one clutch reservoir screws to getcover off and then back the threads out.Have found the need to penetrate lubthePhillips screws before trying to remove them.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
imported post

Hey guys,

I replace my brake lines with stainless steel.

Then I purchased a turkey injector syringe at Home Depot for $4.00 and had some fish tank air pump tubing that fits perfectly. Put that bad boy on the bleeder valve, give the syringea pull and start pumping the break/clutch and I was done in less than 2 minutes each.

Hard tobeat that

Toy4Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.