Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

"Yes Chairman, I will be at this all important peace conference. Whats the date?":cheeky1:

Clinton urges Iowa voters to caucus on wrong day

Mon Dec 24, 8:05 AM ET

Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton may have shot herself in the foot trying to get Iowa voters to pledge support to her -- she is encouraging them to go caucus on January 14, 11 days too late.

At a rally featuring her husband, former U.S. President Bill Clinton on Saturday, campaign workers asked supporters to sign and mail cards that said "Yes! I'm an Iowan for Hillary" with their contact information as well as other supportive friends.

One small problem. In the upper right-hand corner of the card, it says "I, _____, pledge to support Hillary Clinton at my precinct caucus on January 14, 2008."

Unfortunately, that's 11 days too late. The Iowa caucuses are January 3 and organization is key to getting voters to go to the events and support their preferred candidate.

The Politico.com, an Internet site that specializes in politics and first reported the mistake, said at Bill Clinton's second event on Saturday the cards had the wrong date crossed out and replaced with the correct date.

(Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky, editing by Todd Eastham)

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
imported post

For those of us here in the States, we're all going to be in a lot of trouble next Nov. :shock:

·
Administrator
58,192 Posts
imported post

Yes, we are.

Scenario:

A huge international summit meeting is planned to setup the new government of a nation that has settled all of its' rife and discontent.

The new administration from the newly elected Ms. President is still sleeping dreaming of the fish they caught last weekend when they are awakened by a phone call. "You are attending the summit, aren't you?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.