Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This seems to be the fix all for everything..so,wondering whats in it? Does it get added to the crankcase? Is the starter actually in oil?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Will it cure the common cold? A few shots of it,maybe??

It aids what ails ya maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

.... many of us add it to our Breakfast cereal... and it is also "known " to releive the heartbreak of Psoirasis... LOLOLOLOLOL/forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif...... To gently clean the carbs... two "glugs" per tankful , for about 3 tanks should result in a  great improvement ... if the problem was related to gummed, or sticky carbs... (MMO will not cure electrical running problems... YET .../forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif LOL...) and if your starter pawl is sticky, or you want to use the detergent qualities of MMO i your oil...  drain about a quart.. add a quart of MMO, and run for a200 to 300 miles.. drain and remove all the oil, , new filter, and  add new oil.. and there you are !!!............................. MMO is a thinner , ATF oil.. and it probably is not so good to run around with this in the engine for long periods of time... but it cleared up my gungy starter pawl problem ... and it brought all sorts of  YUCKY crud/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif out of the engine , after only 200 miles...   SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

zonl3939,

MMO in the oil will clean up the gum and gunk anywhere the oil goes in your engine. I have it in right now. I drained off 1 qt. of oil and added a 16oz. bottle of MMO to the crankcase. I have 175 miles on it now and will soon be doing a filter / oil change. I can already tell a difference. The bike appears to start easier and it does seem quieter.

I did run about 3 tanks of gas with about 4 oz. each of MMO in them. I could tell a little difference but not much. I went out and bought a can of SeaFoam and ran some of it in my gas. I think that it has worked a little better in the gas than the MMO did, but that is just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

zonk3939 wrote:
This seems to be the fix all for everything..so,wondering whats in it? Does it get added to the crankcase? Is the starter actually in oil?
Zonk, MMO is nothing more than very thin petroleum oil (guess somewhere around 5-10 weight).. It's merits have never been proven to me as an after additive. I soaked some varnished valve lifters in MMO for an entire winter (mainly as a storage fluid until I could get to them) & still had to use carb cleaner to get the varnish out of them. Maybe as a carbon softener but it's solvent ability is somewhat in question in my mind. When that MMO was in popular usage in the 1920-30's the oil of that day was thick & non detergent & definitely not multi weight, so adding a lighter based petroleum product probably did some good. It was used a lot as a fuel additive to function as an upper end lube. It does separate from the fuel a little so if parked for long periods it tends to settle out of suspension & foul spark plugs at start-up.

Probably the gum cutting additives in modern quality motor oilare better than the MMO that is added so I have my doubts about any gain there. IT does work as an upper end lube but so does 2-cycle oil & the 2-cycle oil stays mixed with the fuel better & definitely burns cleaner & better.

On the starter question? .. The starter doesn't run in oil.. BUT, the starter ROLLER clutch (that is what slips or sticks) does get lubricated from the engine oil in the crankcase.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

zonk3939 wrote:
"MMO" is "Benzene","Dichloro-95501","Mineral Spirits" and "Napthenic Hydro Carbons"!

Sorry to ruin the "Mystery"!:baffled::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
zonk3939 wrote:
"MMO" is "Benzene","Dichloro-95501","Mineral Spirits" and "Napthenic Hydro Carbons"!

Sorry to ruin the "Mystery"!:baffled::goofygrin:

Party pooper:grinner:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I'd never really heard much about MMO until it got mentioned on this very forum months ago. Now I'm reading about it all the time! Seems to be good stuff. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

benzene is certainly a solvent.... and those of us who took organic know about benzene rings... of course is it REALLY benzene... or just an hydrocarbon WITH a benzene ring... of course... my wife gets upset if I take off my ring

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
imported post

Windawg
I'll bite............what's in the Seafoam that AZ keeps trying to stuff down my throat?

Kyle

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

OH NO, the bug got me!!!!

:headbanger::headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger::headbanger: :headbanger:

All of a sudden, my computer just started clicking and then my internet shut down. Now I see that I made several posts of the same thing.
Damn Computers :bash2:

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
imported post

Around here...kid's put that stuff in a pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

From the can:

• A 100% petroleum product for use in all gasoline and diesel type engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. OXYGEN SENSOR SAFE
  • Cleans dirty engine parts internally by removing harmful gums, varnish and carbon. WORKS AND PERFORMS INSTANTLY
  • Removes moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks.
  • Stabilizes and conditions fuels. Use for engine storage
  • Cures hesitations, stalls, pings and rough idle due to carbon buildup.
  • Helps pass emmision tests. EPA Registered.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
From the can:

• A 100% petroleum product for use in all gasoline and diesel type engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. OXYGEN SENSOR SAFE
  • Cleans dirty engine parts internally by removing harmful gums, varnish and carbon. WORKS AND PERFORMS INSTANTLY
  • Removes moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks.
  • Stabilizes and conditions fuels. Use for engine storage
  • Cures hesitations, stalls, pings and rough idle due to carbon buildup.
  • Helps pass emmision tests. EPA Registered.
and it even cures the common cold

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Don't let the "Deer' drink it, they'll run much better!:baffled:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.