Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings from snowbound Atlanta. New to the forum as I just bought an '81 Goldwing in desperate need of restoration/repair. Have lots of questions, but for now, I'm trying to determine whether or not I have a standard model or an Interstate. Have the fairing, floorboards (on the garage floor), side luggage (but I don't believe they match withany photos I've seen of Interstates.The headlight that came with the bike is square, but again not sure if this is a Honda item as it was affixed to theforks by a homemade aluminum plate w/ a 3/4Craftsman socket as a spacer. bike is a worn out Burgandy color w/ gold trim. Most every component has been abused via lack of maintenance. To the question, is there a specific way to tell if this is a Standard w/ options or an Interstate model? Area dealer had no clue. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

It's right on the VIN code/model sticker on the left side of the steering neck. For model it should show as 1100, 1100i or 1100a. the i being for an interstate, the a for an aspencade and nothing for a standard.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

What Bagmaster says. You might also post pics. We love pics.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, awesome place, great people. I have a 81 project, yours should look similar if its a Standard

Attachments

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

welcome to the site DOCTOR!!! I bet its a standard ,,,vin # will tell like stated above . If it has a honda emblem on the side of the tank its a Standard the others did not as they were on the faring.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Great looking bike! Mine is quite a bit more rough. Thanks for the tips. Just took another look at the VIN/sticker and there is no "i" or "a", so I have a standard. All that stuff that came with the bike must have just been optional/aftermarket.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

From the pic it looks like a standard with aftermarket accessories. The Honda emblem is on the tank/shelter. Patience and a little time and your's will look like Lieutenants.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
imported post

I wished you lived nearby so I could help you, I love working on them, especially when some else is paying for parts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

The headlight does look aftermarket, I am sure they were all round on the 1100's.

She don't look so bad, nothing a bit of TLC won't put right. If the egine runs and is good then the rest can be done slowly and surely and you will still be able to ride her.

:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Doc you can get a very nice seat cover from JC WHITNEY for about 55.00
Headlight bucket from Sabercycle.( ugh) about 50.00
need a left side, side cover ?- e-bay.
Need a Batt? Try a Deka glas-mat at the honda shop.less than a hundred
Looks like a left side foot peg is in the need list too ,May get one on here in the want ads.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
Can't believe anyone would even mention this supplier on here after all the trouble members have had with them, myself, I would rather keep the square light than buy from them.

Perhaps Bike Bandit would do this part. :baffled:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
picasso wrote:
Can't believe anyone would even mention this supplier on here after all the trouble members have had with them, myself, I would rather keep the square light than buy from them.

Yes I know but that is the only one I knew of to get one .
A real freakin' witch. Saber witch!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
picasso wrote:

Yes I know but that is the only one I knew of to get one .
A real freakin' witch. Saber witch!!
:cooldevil::cooldevil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.