Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi folks. After some thought about the forum moderation and some discussion with the moderators, we haveagreed ona new way of approaching this which I hope will make things better for all of us.
Many of you will be aware that we had a few bugs with the current method,some threads got moved to different forums and moved back again and some posts got deleted and at timesnobodyseemed to knowwho deleted them or why. Now It's fair to say thatall the moderators do their best andvolunteer theirtime and effort into looking after the forum with great enthusiasm andfor no reward, but at times it seemed that everyone was pulling in different directions. So I had a long think about it and in discussion with the moderators and some of you guys we came up with this solution;

The moderators will be split into two groups.Onegroup will havePatch, MDKramer, redbaronandAZgl1500 with MDKramer in that group. Only MDKramer will be able to delete or move posts/threads and the other mods will give Mike a heads-up on problem threads.

The other Moderator group will consist of tanygaer able to delete/move posts/threads, with wexy looking in as usual. I will be availableas a last resort.
It's not easy to get a balance between too little moderation and too much, but with only two instead of six as before (not counting wexy and myself)moderators able to delete posts from now on, this should make things more transparent to the rest of you. :waving:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

If this means the moderators will be acting as a team instead of acting on their own, then I say good thinking Steve.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

There may have been hiccups before with the moderation but in general the site in my opinion has been very well moderated, this should however stop the inconsistancies. Can i just say a big thank you to all mederators for the job they are doing, its sometimes very dificult when a border line decision or guessing if a post will offend anyone, so well done guys

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Tough jobs & tough calls. You Mods are very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

It is a difficult job and I think they are doing a great job. Yes there have been some minor issues but anytime there are changes like this there is bound to be a bit of a learning curve. I think they are doing very well. Keep it up folks!!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I just want towhich areawhere redbaron, patch and mdkramer are hanging out so I can harrass them with post!!:cooldevil::cooldevil:

:cheeky1::cheeky1:Good job guys!!!! So far! but don't let it go to your heads!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Steve, I've always liked to be able to blame Ciaran (Wexy) personally, for any moves or deletions! :cheeky1: My only objection is that he tends to delete some of the objectionable bits before some of us over 21 year olds even get to see 'em? :shock: I'm kidding, Ciaran, you know I am.

I like your moderationof the moderators, Steve. Your system makes good sense, and I know you need constant but consistenthelp to keep this site useful and alive. I applaud your decision. :clapper:Well done, as always! Look forward to seeing you andDylanin Colorado.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

The only things I'll add to this are these.

First, and foremost. None of us have the time to read each and every word written in each and every thread. We try, but sometimes life gets in the way. If someone sees something going south, or looking like it could go south, or that doesn't conform to forum rules, we're easy to find. In the right-hand menu there's a big ole' green button that says "Contact Us", you'll find the link to drop a Mod or Admin a PM there...Please do! Your help is more appreciated than you may think.

Second. We all appreciate everyone's efforts to help keep this place friendly and fun. The Admins and us Mods don't do that, you ALL do! We're just here to put a lid on the not so fun and not so friendly things. Fortunately for us, and thanks to all of you, we don't have to work all that hard. :)

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I'm just glad to be able to give you a purpose. :)

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

i think it is great what you guys are doing, it means that it should take 7 times less time to delete any of my intentional clangers ;)

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Thank you to all the Admins and Moderators for volunteering your time and taking the responsbility to watch over this Forum.

Moderating is a thankless job. How's that saying go:

You can please some of the people all of the time,

You can please all of the people some of the time,

But you can't please all the peopleall of the time.

Thanks guys for the effort.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Moderating wouldn't be necessary at all if people just acted like adults. But then, what fun would that be?

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

For the thankless work they do, should we give them all some MANA ? Yea I like that idea , but then again it may seem like bribery . We dont want any of that going on .

Well anyhow , Thankyou to all the Moderators for watching over and keeping a tidy house for us .:clapper:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

All I can say is great job, It is so well ran compared to any other groups.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center]Stop deleting my posts cause im trying to catch that cowboy exavid :coollep:[/align]
[align=center][/align]

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
[align=center]Stop deleting my posts cause im trying to catch that cowboy exavid [/align]
You're never gonna do it walking. Better get that gator running. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.