Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Im looking at getting some modular helmets. Im curious as to what kind of helmets is the best out there. I looked at the Shark Evoline and really like that fact you can make ita 3/4 if you like. But I read that itis almost impossible to put a after market intercom on it. Anyone else have any advise on which one to get.

I also like the HJC Symax 3 helmet. Im kind of leaning that way right now.

Any ideas would surely be appreciated.

·
Canada Bob
461 Posts
imported post

I just purchased the HJC SY Max III and probably one of the most comfortable helmets I have worn.

Light and great vision, you can add a chatterbox to it and the venting isnt bad.

One of the main things I looked for was the chin bar hooks were metal.

You can go with a Shoei but you are stepping into another price domain with those

I would suggest you grab which ever helmet you think you want and (even though you may look foolish) wear it around the store for awhile. Make sure you have no pinching/rubbing/whatever else your head feels. Most shops have a no return policy as soon as you walk out the door with the helmet. (to qualify that statement, at least here in Victoria)

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Check out the Nolans too before you buy. The new style headsets sounds like a bose system, and the helmets are very comfortable as well as having easily washable liners. I have the N-103's but with the new style headset and love them.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
Check out the Nolans too before you buy. The new style headsets sounds like a bose system....
Are you talking about Nolan's n-com headsets? If they sound that good I'm intrigued!

John

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
Check out the Nolans too before you buy. The new style headsets sounds like a bose system....
Are you talking about Nolan's n-com headsets? If they sound that good I'm intrigued!

John
Make sure it has the new style headsets. Easily recognized with a micro USB plug to the helmet, the older style has a 3,5 mm conventional plug. Don't try it without arranging the funds.......

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Got to looking at the Scorpion EXO 900 last night. I like the fact you can change it from a 3/4 to a full face modular. I think If I go that route Ill just get the helmets from J&M and have the best headset I can get from them. I like the clean looking install on the headset they do.

Im curious too was the headset you are saying sounds like a Bose, is that a J&M system or something else.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Check the Nolan's out, no cleaner install and made for it.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

wcleafs2002 wrote:
...One of the main things I looked for was the chin bar hooks were metal...
> Good point... my wife's Zox (our first modular helmet) has Plastic chin bar hooks... looks pretty flimsy.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Ledawg wrote:
Got to looking at the Scorpion EXO 900 last night. I like the fact you can change it from a 3/4 to a full face modular. I think If I go that route Ill just get the helmets from J&M and have the best headset I can get from them. I like the clean looking install on the headset they do.
Be sure to go to a local dealer and try the helmet on first. I love my old EXO 600 but when I replaced it with a modular, I looked at the EXO 900 first and it did not fit me at all. I wear a large normally and the large EXO 900 put painful pressure on my forehead but the XL was way too big.

I didn't go with the Nolan because of the weight but I wish I would have. I bought a Shoei Multitec and I'm less than thrilled with it. It fits great but is lacking some basic features. Their new Neotec fixed all of that but is also $100-$150 more expensive too. :shock:

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
Don't try it without arranging the funds.......
Pricy huh? I assume you went with the Goldwing connections?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

The Nolan N103 & N104 were not listed on thehelmets by weight page, but they had done reviews on them. Looks like they shaved several ounces off when they made the N104, compared to the previous model N103. It's still not as light as the Shoei but makes it a better option, putting it in the mid-range weight of flip-up/modular helmets.

John

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
Don't try it without arranging the funds.......
Pricy huh?  I assume you went with the Goldwing connections?
Sure did, awesome helmets and brilliant service. The weight issue is far less important than the aerodynamic issue unless you never go faster than 30MPH.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
...unless you never go faster than 30MPH.
Yeah that's me. :ROFL::ROFL::action:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.