Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Went out for a run with the wife and the neighbors yesterday and after the neighbor had jump started my bike (flat battery........ don't go there !!!), I went for a quick run round the block and my wife says "Those are cool flashing brake lights".

Apparently my brake lights alternate left-right-left and so on. Never seen that before. I'm wondering how long it'll take before I'm pulled over. The law over here does notthink well aboutextra or "customised" lighting.

I'm waiting for the day i have to explain what "Cornering Lights" are. Most cops over here are as thick as two short planks when it comes to bikes (even the ones that ride bikes !!!!)

I like the brake lights, they're really cool, and they're noticable....... and that's what it's about, folks, being seen.

Dave.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,197 Posts
imported post

I agree and that is exactly why I bought the "Wig Wag" modulated brake lights.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

It's too bad they are not legal over there! I have both modulated headlight and brake lights and I think they are both important safety devices. The modulated headlight is legal here in all 50 states thanks to a federal law that allows them and does not give the state a choice in allowing or disallowing them. The brake light modulators are not protected like that and in some states they are illegal. So far I've not been hassled about either and I've been told by multiple sources that if the officer has no other reason to pull you over then they generally leave the brake light modulators alone. If they are pulling you over for something else, then they might add them to the ticket.

The alternating left to right is referred to as "wig wag" by many here, and one of the brands of modulator calls there model "wig wag". I have that one on my trunk lights. I have a separate one on my trunk spoiler light that flashes. That one flashes several times, stops for a few seconds, then flashes again and repeats the cycle as long as the brake switch is activated. Your alternating modulator probably has a couple of modes too, so if they alternating pattern gets you hassled by the police, maybe another mode would be satisfactory. :?

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.