Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in your capital city.

There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding.

This is a flood of biblical proportions.

You are a photo-journalist working for a top paper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot career-making photos.

There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing into the water.

Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

THE TEST:

Suddenly, you seesomeone in the water. Theyis fighting forthier life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer... Somehow, they looks familiar...

You suddenly realize who it is... It's your country's leader! You notice that the raging waters are about to take them under forever. You have two options:

You can save the life of this person, or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one ofyour country's most powerful people!

THE QUESTION:

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with theclassic simplicity of black and white?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

Simplicity to record the importance of the moment. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

Due to the lighting available during a huricane, black and white would probably be the best choice.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
imported post

Use a flash and get it with color!:dude::cheeky1::dude::blowingup:

·
Premium Member
61,360 Posts
imported post

First you'd want to get real close to the person with a light meter so you wouldn't screw up the picture regardless of the film...

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

If I am an awarding journalist I would have two cameras around my kneck. One loaded with color and one loaded with black and white. I would ask them to hold the pose till I got both pictures taken. :D

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I'm with 82gl... :D

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Can't I just savor the moment and keep the picture in my head?:D

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Sorry, guys, I'd have to save him!!

Seriously, look at the crew in line to replace him! #2 MAY not be so bad, but #3 is TERRIFYING!!!

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

take the shot in colour, you can always post edit it to make it black and white if you want, remember to wave and shout thankyou as well

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Scooter 7 wrote:
Sorry, guys, I'd have to save him!!

Seriously, look at the crew in line to replace him! #2 MAY not be so bad, but #3 is TERRIFYING!!!
#2 MAY not be so bad? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:He IS worse.

But you are spot on about #3

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
imported post

Or you could find more photo opps with 2 and 3..

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

I'd ask him if he could move a little closer to the bigger swirls and houses floating by before I decided on whether or not to shoot with color or B/W

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
imported post

Color or black and white, hmmmmm...Color or black and white, hmmmmm....

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

hmmmmmmm, who's got the popcorn

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Black and white to accentuate the drama and a slow shutter for accentuate the water flow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.