41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Doesn't matter if he has collision coverage or not - his personal liability/property damage coverage is what covers the other person's damages. Collision would only fix the front of his own car...
I stand corrected.

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well the insurance people called and let me know the bike was totalled, they asked me if I wanted the salvage but I have nowhere to take or put, and they didn't have the cost for that yet or how much I am going to get for the bike. The attorney is supposed to call me this afternoon, hopefully they have news on that front. If I had the salvage I could get all of my aftermarket stuff back, and the engine started fine. I have to go to tow yard to sign release so the insurance people can get it moved

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Looks like you are going to lose it since you have no place to put it. I hope the payout will be good enough to get another bike I suspect it won't.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
are any of the accessories that are on it, transferable to an 1800?
With what I suspect he will receive in settlement, he may only be able to afford a fairy good used GL1500 and in that case, they would all be transferable.

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I don't think so, besides I gave them a list of accessories because I had $1000 coverage for those, if I pull any off that I listed it would reduce the payout

·
Registered
708 Posts
Dang Dang Dang.
It's a major annoyance all the way around ain't it?
Too bad you can't get it back because I bet it wouldn't take too much to bring it back to good riding condition. Unless the frame itself is tweaked which is hard to know until you start taking body parts off. From what you've said I doubt it though. It would take more than a bump to do frame damage.
Here's hoping the legal beagles can get you a decent settlement. Of course that'll take forever as the insurance companies drag things out.

Sorry we missed ya at the IL M&G! Hopefully next year!

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Already got the settlement figures for the bike, the medical will come later. They are mailing papers for me to sign and send back. After they get them the check will be mailed within 24 hours, so hopefully I will have it by next weekend. Already have an 1800 picked out from here on forums. Was about 1100 short to get it with the check, talked to bank and they gave me a loan for the rest. Just have to go look at it before committing to buying. It's a sharp looking bike and within 50 miles of me

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So not many of the accessories from the 1500 would fit the 1800, As long as I get it I will hafta buy passengers armrests, cupholders, it has most everything else already. The guy from work said he will make me another rack if I want.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Nice, keep moving forward.
Did they make you an offer to buy it back as a salvage title? I'm just curious what kind of numbers they were tossing around.
You're just a little ways south of me and I'm tempted to deal with you on it.
Lord knows I don't need more projects though.

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I have a few things to sell that I bought for the 1500 that I never got around to installing. I have progressive 416 shocks, old style and the progressive springs for the front, just waiting to post until after I get my new bike just in case I don't get the 1 I really want right, don't want to post and then wind up needing them

41 - 59 of 59 Posts