1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
Bike...and Dennis wrote:
The o-ring were re-used.
Is that a question?

#38 O-ringsare 69­¢ ea. @ Ace/True Value Hardware.
They never have enough of those at the local Ace. You know, 1 or 2 in stock. Also I wonderedif they would hold up in the heat on top of the head like that?

Anyway, I reuse them occasionally, when I've had to remove the carbs unexpectedly, and have never had an issue.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I use them. A couple of bikes running around town here where I've put them on back beginning of the riding season and no problems.

On and Off, on and off, ...I can't say much about.I put 'em on and the fellas have been riding is all I can say.

I did buy some from SC. Don't know if they're the same or not.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Capt. Are they from Danco ?

Jim

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I'll check Jim, ...don't know. Why?

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Different suppliers may have different part numbers,most hardware stores around me (including the Ace ) are supplied by Danco ( a major plumping part company ). Looks like there packaging.
Jim

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Some possibilities, runner seals between runner and head, leaking boot between runner and carburetor, sticking choke shaft, sticking CV slide or damaged CV diaphragm. I've seen a couple of 1100 carb sets that had sticking or partially frozen choke shafts. They will pull on but not go back off all the way. The choke plates are pulled on by the cable but only have spring tension to open them back up. If one of them sticks you'll see high vacuum. One other non-carburetor cause could be a sticking or mal-adjusted intake valve.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I've seen a couple of 1100 carb sets that had sticking or partially frozen choke shafts.
..and from the outside, all will look good. It's easy to assume the choke valves are working fine while working the choke cable and looking at the operation of the rack, because it'll look like it's working right.

I learned it the hard way. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Dennis if something is trashed on those carbs..I have a set on my parts bike that have been siting for awhile but they ran good when I tore it down if you can't figure it out and want another set to rebuild instead of killing yourself on that set you are welcome to the ones I have.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.