Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought a Drag Specialties brand tender. The thing weighs like a freakin pound. I had it on my trolling motor and came out one day and it fell out of the plug it's so heavy. Well now the light that used to change colors to tell you charging/charged just stays red. I put a meter on it and it doesn't read anything. Are these things repairable, I paid like 60 or 70 bucks for it? Who would do repairs like this?

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Not familiar with that one. I have 6 Deltran Battery Tender Jr.s, have had them over a year, and they still work fine. About $30 each, though that company makes some super expensive ones too. Light is red if not fully charged, turns green when charged. Very small, like an AC adaptor.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

I bought mine at Sears about 3 years ago and it has been used a lot and its still working like its supposed to. Between the bikes, riding lawn mower, neighbors included, it get's used.

Harold

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Try taking it back for exchange. Or call them and see if you can mail it back for exchange. Sometimes if you are just exchanging they will do it.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

A good TV repair man may be able to test your diodes and resistors and replace faulty one's if needed.

It's hard to find a good repairman and not just and replace the whole electronic board person.

Wonder if sierra electronics would look atit for you?

Of course, fixing it might be more expensive than buying another one.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

i know most new chargers also wont put out current unless it hooked up to a battery. Try hooking to different battery and see if light changes.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

From my experience, Wayne is right.
It's like a computer power supply. No output unless hooked to the Motherboard.
At least the new ones are like that.

Hey Wayne, are you riding in "Piggy's Memorial Ride" in November?

I rode with him last year and I was very impressed at the turnout in 30 degree weather, Which you southern boys don't see that often.

I knew Piggy and a few other riders when I lived in Ft. Walton Beach for 10 years.
I am glad I got to ride with him one more time before he passed.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Later

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I got a cheap one from walmart for about $25 and it works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.