Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, anybody out there got any views on Bridgestone Exedra G702 touring 160/80-160H rear tyre, as advertised on ebay, as a rear tyre for a 1989 GL1500SE?

Do they recon to give good mileage, and handling please?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hi, anybody out there got any views on Bridgestone Exedra G702 touring 160/80-160H rear tyre, as advertised on ebay, as a rear tyre for a 1989 GL1500SE?

Do they recon to give good mileage, and handling please?
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet, Silverfox!:waving::waving:

Don't worry, REDWING will be on this one ASAP!

:15red:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Not many people using them on 1500s, but the posts I've read on other forums were all positive. Mileage and grip comparable to the Dunlop 177s seems to be the generally agreed view.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for that Willy, I'm not desperate for a replacement, just thought it might be worth picking one up, at £69.00 odd, instead of my usual leave it til the last minute trick.

Pete (Silver Fox)

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I know a couple of GL150 owners who had them fitted Pete, and they spoke well of them. The odd thread design doesn't seem to give any problems. £69 seems a good price for a rear tyre on a gl1500.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

thank you Max for that, I am way out of touch, I've had 4 wings over the years, but not had a tyre change since the days when Avon road runners were all the rage in about 1980!!! It is good to know that there are so many guys and girls out there who know their stuff. Keep your eyes peeled for me on the forums, I'm bound to be back again, trying to look after a Canadian import in very dark blue. Gosh what a change from the old K2 I started out on. Silly old bu--ers like me need our home comforts!

Thanks again and happy riding in the sun.

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.