Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Well done UBarW and I'm glad you made it through that alive.

Times like that make a guy wish he had rocket launchers mounted on the front of the bike to vaporize clowns in traffic that only see their own hood ornaments instead of looking out for other traffic and sharing the road.

Vic

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

I think that people using cell phones while driving should be placed in the same category as drunk drivers and suffer the same criminal consequences if they cause an accident. They know how that phone can affect their ability to drive safely before they get on the phone same as a drunk knows what canhappen if he drinks before driving.

One of the stupidest cell phone incidents I've ever witnessed happened a few weeks back and it happenedwith a Harley driver. I was standing in a parking lot watching the whole thing happen. This Harley chopper guy was driving down the road and his cell phone rang loudly. He removes his helmet and sets it between his legs on the tank and answers his phone, then drives slowly with his free hand while he talks away, then he slightly bumps the curb and almost upsets his fancy bike. Had anyone pulled out from oneof the driveways he passed I'm sure that he wouldn't have noticed them and maybe couldn't have stopped since he was so busy with other things.

What the heck is wrong with these idiots and their cell phones. Maybe the law should propose fines against cell phone companies that would make the cell phone provider responsible in cases of accidents since it seems that most people are too stupid to realize that cell phones can severely distract your attention enough to cause accidents that can kill people.

I would be willing to bet that if cell phone providers had to pay out large loss of life claims thatcell phone providerswould soon come out with technology that would prevent cell phones from operating within three feet of a running vehicle.

Vic

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

I agree Robo and just think how rich we could get if the law gave us a percentage for reporting the offenders. Up here I see far too many people on their cell phones as they turn a corner at an intersectionor pass someone on the highway while they wave their hands in accordance to the cell phone conversation. Simply unbelievable.

Vic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.