Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know of a 75 1000 that went 300,000 miles and a 1500 with over 500,000 miles. can enyone beat that. just curious how far these well go!!!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I was thinking about that same thing today. How about a 1100? How far can it go with regular oil changes and maintenance.?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

All I can say as many on the forum will tell you the same, were trying our best to ride them a million miles...

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I think Glester has over 200,000 on his 1100.

Jeff

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

One of the fellows that lives in these parts is pushing 400,000 miles real hard on his '93. He said the only major work on the engine so far was a clutch replacement. There was a 1500 on eBay a month or so ago that had 515,000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
One of the fellows that lives in these parts is pushing 400,000 miles real hard on his '93. He said the only major work on the engine so far was a clutch replacement. There was a 1500 on eBay a month or so ago that had 515,000 miles on it.
Out of curiousity, did it sell and for how much? I can't imagine.....

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

This puts me in mind of the story of the old farmer who'd been using the same old axe for 50 years. Of course he'd had to replace the head a couple of times, and numerous handles.:D

Seriously though, at my age, I'll wear outlong before the GW.;) Mine is still holding at 37K while waiting in the shop for repair parts after rear end collision, and I'm getting real bored. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.