Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All,

Just arrived back from Valencia, having taken the wing on a nice week long trip, ending up at the week end at the moto gp races.

125,000 bike mad fans, and some great racing, 50,000 bikes on the car park, and quite a few wings from Holland, Germany, Italy, and France.

Thought I would mention that on the saturday night the town near to the racetrack holds a biking crazy event.

Imagine your local town with a high street about one mile long, the width of about 3 cars, and with approx 12,000 people standing on both sides, shouting, drinking heavily, and then racing their bikes through the street doing wheelies, and any other thing that you could possibly imagine.

Police keep out of the town, and as the night progresses they do more and more crazy stunts, quad bikes racing up and down, at ridiculous speeds.

The worst possible scenario hapenned when a guy of about 20 did a wheelie on a Suzuki, he lost control and the bike hit two people, a man and a woman.

The man died immediately, and at the time of getting this to you, the woman was in a critical condition in hospital.

The rider of the bike attempted to run away, but was grabbed by people in the crowd, and held until the police arrived.

I had said to my wife before the accident that it was a miracle that no one had been hurt before, and then this happened.

If anyone is ever planning this trip in the future, stay awayfrom the town called Cheste,because I as a genuine bike fan cannot understand this being allowed to take place. Apparently this has been going on for years.

Dave

Mallorca

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Thats sad about the poor bystander and his girl. I suppose the only saving grace is that a child wasn't killed. The biker who caused it is probably lucky he wasn't lynched.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.