Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The last couple of days, I have been installing a larger window(double crank-out) in the side wall of my attached garage. People always show up for visits.

Yesterday, I had a visit from a guy riding a fairly new Triumph Bonniville. He may also be looking for a touring bike, so he brought his wife back to sit on my 1500, which is still not sold--they liked the look and feel of the big tourer.

Then my neighbour came over and invited us to a birthday BBQ that he was throwing for his mother's 70th birthday. The old dear is almost as old as me.

To my surprise, she arrived on the back of a strange looking motorcycle, which turned out to be a Moto Guzzi of 1982 vintage. It was a nice looking bike and sounded sweet. Italian, the guy told me.

BTW--the menu consisted of: hot wings(for me) german sausage(sliced and served with several kinds of hot mustards), Digby scallops wrapped in bacon, pork tenderloin medallions(bacon wrapped) beef tenderloins (bacon wrapped), sirloin steakettes done with some special pub receipy sauce(hmmmm), baked potato, fresh garden salad, and enought lobster for two each(if you could eat them) All washed down with plenty of beer and wine.

Finished up with a slice of B'day cake.

And YES, I ate way too much------but it was a great evening.

The B'day girl departed the way she arrived, on the back of the Moto Guzzi with a handful of floating balloons trailing behind.

Shuda had a camera.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

This one tells it all. You can even see the new window in my garage next door. The guy serving is my neighbour, Steve.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

I've often wondered if that is where Honda got the idea for their old Silverwing ...

1969 Moto Guzzi V7 (750)

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I love those older Eldorados. I've never had one, but if the time and price are right, maybe one day.

Those things last like a GL does.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Ya, the one last night was a lot like the white one shown here. Had some sort of sissy bar. Shuda taken a pic or two, but alcohol had taken me over. The Guzzi driver was cold sober.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

My current super-bike, the ST1300, is a derivative of the long-running, much loved, ST1100; which is a derivative of the long-running, much loved, Honda CX500; which is a derivative (and shameless copy) of the long-running, much loved, Italian Moto-Guzzi tribe.....

And the beat goes on!

BTW, any of you ever read Melissa Pierson's book, The Perfect Vehicle? If not, you should... it's not only a great history of the Italian bike, but a great history of motorcycling in general..... buy two copies, and send me one....

:cheeky1:

I loaned mine to some chick and never got it back! Women are always running away with my stuff: a house, half an IRA, half my brain.....

:cheeky1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.