Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am putting the enginefrom a 97Aspencade into a 90SE and i am wondering if everything will fit or if notwhat will i have to take from the 90 engine and put on the 97. Appreciate all the info i can get.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

biker251 wrote:
I am putting the enginefrom a 97Aspencade into a 90SE and i am wondering if everything will fit or if notwhat will i have to take from the 90 engine and put on the 97. Appreciate all the info i can get.

Jim
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't have an answer but have to ask the question...Sounds like Both motors and Both Chassis are good from your 2 options so why perform an engine change at all? Just curious.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

The later engine will fit. The later engine takes the speed info from a camshaft sensor. You will just keep using the wheel sensor on your older bike.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks GW.i appreciate the info ,i have the dreaded rattle can noise coming from the transmission.Do you know if the carbs from the 97 will be ok to leave on ?? Jim

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I would say use your old carbs Jim, there are some electrical connector differences on the later ones that can take a bit of working out. If yours are good, keep using them.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Jason i appreciate your help ,,my carbs are workingok ,,so no problem

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.