Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

thought id pass along a rumor i recently heard while picking up parts for my old truck at a local parts store

it appears that motor oils are due for a signifacant price increase ,betwwen 25 and 30 percent,if its only hear in canada or not it wasnt disclosed. but the given reason is that these products havent been increased in a long time and now it has trickled down to these.

the information im taking as probly fact,like we needed more higher costs with all the companys in my provance that are in jeopardy of closing and some have.

i hope its just that ,a rumor,but in the times we live in anything WILL happen,just thought id pass this along and give a heads up to what may be going to happen

meandred

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
imported post

All rumors have a piece of fact in them somewhere.

I don't doubt that we will be paying more for everything as we go along.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I was just informed last night the price of all peanut products are going up 40% some time in the near future. The oil wouldn't suprise me one bit. The cost of the things we need keeps goin' up and the paychecks keep gettin' smaller. I'd say thecliche H&C words, but I think you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i bought a case (12 qts.) of castrol gtx 20/50 and it retailed for close to 70.00 . almost double what i paid for the one before price increase .

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

I hear ya Kevin, you'd think people would be marching in the streets!... Oh, wait a minute...

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Oil prices never went back down after the last big barrel price rise and fall in 2009-2010. They just keep ripping us off no matter what happens.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

Not simply motor oil. Motor oil is a more expensive form of the baseline factor that pretty much controls the world as we know it. Crude oil. 140 different products. No industry on this planet can operate without it in it's many forms. More expensive to make it. More expensive to move it. More expensive to buy it. That's everything including bottled motor oil. Everything is more expensive right down to a pee in the morning followed by the flush.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Bought a brand new Gran Torino in 1974 for $4,800.00.

You bet the price of everything goes up.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

I think oil has been going up gradually

5years ago Delo was around $8.50 and I just bought a gallon for $12.89.........

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

The FED over here has been lowering the value (devaluing) of the Dollar. I think that does two things; makes the oil products and oil fuel cost more. Since oil is sold on the world market, based on the US Dollar it costs everyone more. Inflation is the scourge of all economies and it is raising it's ugly head over here and elsewhere.

Our government is playing the Smoke and Mirror game again.

That's $.04 worth.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
Everything is more expensive right down to a pee in the morning followed by the flush.
More "TEXAS" words of wisdom...:waving: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

The peanut problem at least is due to a bad crop year. That's just kinda the way commodities work. A bumper crop next year will bring the price right back down.

·
life is good
1,186 Posts
imported post

meandred wrote:
thought id pass along a rumor i recently heard while picking up parts for my old truck at a local parts store

it appears that motor oils are due for a signifacant price increase ,betwwen 25 and 30 percent,if its only hear in canada or not it wasnt disclosed. but the given reason is that these products havent been increased in a long time and now it has trickled down to these.

the information im taking as probly fact,like we needed more higher costs with all the companys in my provance that are in jeopardy of closing and some have.

i hope its just that ,a rumor,but in the times we live in anything WILL happen,just thought id pass this along and give a heads up to what may be going to happen

meandred
with the cost of everything going up,my 2 cents, are going up to 50 cents, just my 50 cents.:ROFL:

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

The problem is, those Arabs are not stupid. They will keep the price of oil as high as they can yet not get it high enough to make developing and using the oil here in the USA less expensive than buying from them. They don't want to lower the price too much and have us go nuts and use up all of their oil either, they want to save some for their grandkids to sell. I don't see the situation changing significantly in the near future.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
The problem is, those Arabs are not stupid. They will keep the price of oil as high as they can yet not get it high enough to make developing and using the oil here in the USA less expensive than buying from them. They don't want to lower the price too much and have us go nuts and use up all of their oil either, they want to save some for their grandkids to sell. I don't see the situation changing significantly in the near future.
It will change some if we get our politicians to allow more drilling for our own oil. As you said they do price the oil to get as much as they can without us going after our own. They will drop the price to keep us buying from them only when they know we are seriously going todrill here.

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

They will drop the price to keep us buying from them only when they know we are seriously going todrill here.

That's kind of a no brainier for us paying the freight..

Why can't our politicians get on board with us and help out.. Even if they pertend to dill it would help...............

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
I don't think the Arabs are the real problem. It's the speculators who are driving the price up all the time. We've all seen the CNN coverage of the oil tankers sitting offshore at LOOP for weeks, waiting until the price goes up before dropping their load.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

$4 a litre.............you ARE trying to get these guys excited!

:applause:

T.

Gofastandfalldown wrote:
If I recall, the price of oil doubled here a year or two back. It went from $2/litre to $4/litre in the space of a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.