Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello, im wondering how hard is to install a motorcycle alarm on a goldwing or other kidn of bike?, im asking because where i live there are tons, TONS of bikes. and nobody selling any kind of accesories for them.
i was thinking about buying some alarms on ebay and sell them to the folks around here in an afordable price to protect their hard earned bikes. automovile types are expensive (here) and the shops wont install them on bikes. so offering the service of installing em would also help my economy. im good with wiring stuff so i dont think it would be a challenge but i would like to see some installation diagrams to see and have an idea of how many wires you have to cut.

please post if you have done it urself.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Actually I'm designing one to plug and play for Goldwings right now for introduction in July (among other things).

Let me know what models you want harnesses for.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

well... around here 8 of 10 bikes are chinese. most i've seen have just on/off key switches, no accesory or parking position.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

You will be able to adapt this product to almost any bike you want to put it on. It won't be plug and play but you can wire the harness into whatever you want.
Let me know and I can even customize it for whatever you want it to do and how you want it to work. The control module is completely waterproof and sealed in epoxy.
About 2.5 inches square and 1/2 inch thick so it should fit almost anywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

sounds great, tell me more about it, i was looking at this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THOR-REMOTE-ENGINE-START-MOTORCYCLE-RADAR-ALARM-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ110370621431QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item110370621431&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318 its a really basic system but at least will scare away thiefs when it starts beeping.

what yours can do?

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

I installed my Pager style in about 1/2 hr (under seat) and it has a 1/4 mile range works great!!!! Vibration and proximity sensor I did not bother wiring all it could do (Ignition cut out remote start and head light flash) Just wanted the alarm

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
sounds great, tell me more about it, i was looking at this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THOR-REMOTE-ENGINE-START-MOTORCYCLE-RADAR-ALARM-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ110370621431QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item110370621431&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318 its a really basic system but at least will scare away thiefs when it starts beeping.

what yours can do?
Mine can do anything you want, pretty much. It is a completely adaptive device that can be programmed to interface with most input sensors of your choice and alarm devices including ignition kills.

But it won't be a $20 Chinese knock off, do it one way type of product. Mine is made of all name brand industrial rated components, designed for adaptability and long term reliability.

Some things are more suited to the cheap stuff and others want the quality well built items. Just depends on the need and the market.

Mine can be pretty cheap if you add your own output devices like sirens etc.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
Rudy, what epoxy are you using to pot your unit?
It is an electronic black potting epoxy resin.
Is that what you were asking?

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Rudy

What price range are you looking at and what type of outputs, ie relay or electronic are you designing in? Just curious as I work with electronics.....

Hey if you don't want to let it out that's ok too, I respect your right to protect your invention(s).............

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

93Wing wrote:
Rudy

What price range are you looking at and what type of outputs, ie relay or electronic are you designing in? Just curious as I work with electronics.....

Hey if you don't want to let it out that's ok too, I respect your right to protect your invention(s).............
The alarm units and one other design are still in development.
To answer your question, however, the outputs are universal high current drivers that can run relays, VMos fets or whatever is desired. That is one of the reasons it is so flexible.
It will have the ability to be tailored to many designs and functional operations.
That flexibility will be one of the reasons it will be more secure than many other designs out there. Those wishing to defeat it will not have a standard functional knowlege base to work from.

No pricing has been determined as yet but we are targeting the under $100 market.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
Rudy wrote:
It is an electronic black potting epoxy resin.
Is that what you were asking?
Yeah. I've looked at that stuff, everywhere I've found, it either comes in 5 gallon jugs, or the small containers are so expensive, I can't justify it. I wondered if you had found some economical alternative.
The stuff I'm getting is a 2:1 mix and it mixes up about 3/4 of a gallon total if not waste.
I would get it in larger quantities but then it gets to be a bugger handling and the containers get so crappy, you want to be able to toss them often.

I used to buy that and silicone conformal coating in 5 Gal cans. The conformal coating was a bugger because it was about $500 a can and every time you did a batch, when you came back you had to remove about a 1" hardened 'frisbee' from the top and toss that every time and it really hurt to see that money wasted, AKA my margin.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

For my alarm or antitheft devise, I just trained him to sit on the back

:dude::dude::waving::waving::waving::waving::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

Just got this bike and already had someone unscrew the CB mount screw - let me know when you get your alarm into Production - 96 Goldwing Aspencade.
THanks
Swampy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.