·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

When we had our 1100 we bought one from Autozone for bout 30 bucks. Think it was a XXL, wasnt waterproof but served its purpose..

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I need something that will keep the rain from my bike. It's raining this very minute. When it's done raining i'll go out and dry it with bath towels. I had a tarp over it last night and took it off since it was so nice outdoors. :)

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

I've got 2 covers. I don't have a garage (yet... my garage had been converted into living space), so I cover my bike when it's not being ridden. I have a very nice 1500/1800 specific Hondaline cover I bought used, but lucked into another cover I bought used yesterday... it's thicker, a better fit and has a soft protective material to protect the windshield (from getting scratched). IMO, money spent on a good cover is money well spent.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Dowco makes, or used to make a Goldwing specific cover. If not, go with Hondaline. They cost WAY to much, but if you leave your bike outside in a parking lot all day, they are actually worth it, especially if you have a really nice bike. UV can completely destroy a bike in a very short time, like it did to mine. And besides protecting it from the light, it also makes it a lot less likely to be vandalized or stolen.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

My first bike cover was made in China and sold on Ebay... $20... it turned out to be ok as a dust, bird poop, sun cover.. it really was NOT water repellant... mine was a xxl and after the wind sucked it off the bike the cover had to be tied on... I am getting another one to cover the bike during the winter in the shed... will spend a few more $$ to get one that is water repellant... after 2 seasons the cover started to fray, rip, and generally come apart... SO, you get what you pay for!!!!:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

JerryH....I just ordered a cover (26036-00 Dowco Inc. $57.99) No shipping charge.

I'll let you know what it's quality is when I get it.

And thanks for the link.

Harold

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

Have to be careful with covers. If used to cover a bike stored inside, then a thin breathable cover is best. Outside, waterproof is a must.

If you put a waterproof cover on a bike that's keep indoors, you may end up with condensation tripping all over your bike. I had this problem; especially when the bike was covered while still warm.

Covers are great but just be cautious with their use.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

JerryH wrote:
Dowco makes, or used to make a Goldwing specific cover.

JerryH - ironic you say that! The cover I picked up yesterday is the Dowco one. It's very decent indeed! Not sure if they're still available, or how much they cost new, but they're darned good quality IMO.

Oops Edit! ...read post after & see that it's still available, & for a fair price too.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

I have a GREAT 1/2 cover from Wingstuff.com I love it.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
imported post

If the cover is not waterproof just go to your local camping store and get a can of silicone spray for nylon tents. Worked great on my 1200 cover and now on my Boulevard.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I bought an Ultra Guard cover for the trike, and I know they make a 2 wheel model. Lotsa room, and has vents and tie down grommets. Has lasted 4 years. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

is yer bike shy let it shine alittle rain and dirt wont kill it

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I have one of these in the half cover for the trike, It says water resistant but water just beads up and runs off. It goes into a stuff sack that is a lot smaller than I expected. A good value as far as I am concerned.

Wingstuff Cover

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

Flyboy, was the cover you mentioned an inexpensive no name made in China??? I was thinking of doing the same thing with my next cover?????:waving:

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

First thing added to Big Bird when he arrived was a windshield cover my wife made. With an elastic bottom it does a great job with or without a cover

Attachments

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
I have one of these in the half cover for the trike, It says water resistant but water just beads up and runs off. It goes into a stuff sack that is a lot smaller than I expected. A good value as far as I am concerned.

Wingstuff Cover
This the one I have also! The 1/2 cover. Bought it new this spring and use it everyday I ride to work, to keep the sun off of the bike whan it's just sitting. So far, have not had any water on the bike when it rained either. Remember though, sun damage is what is hard on a bike, not a little rain. But I know it;ss nice to have a dry bike to start out with.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Went to Walmart this morning looking for reflector type bolts to hold my license plate on. Found motorcycle rain covers.....$19.95
Couldn't believe my eyes.

Harold

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Good for you!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.