Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that the headline should read: "Motorcycles are involved in 10% of vehicle deaths in Ontario". Either way,,, we're dying at an alarming rate. “Motorcycles account for five times the deaths, six times the medical costs and 10 times the severe injuries – those injuries being ones that would matter to your life – as compared to cars,” he explained.

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2017/11/20/fatal-motorcycle-crashes/

·
Registered
22 Posts
motorcycle dangers

Well written now use your brain and understand why. Its not most bikers causing these accidents but the cagers with "I didn't see" if they come up with that excuse they should have there driving rights removed for being blind.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well written now use your brain and understand why. Its not most bikers causing these accidents but the cagers with "I didn't see" if they come up with that excuse they should have there driving rights removed for being blind.
Oh, I know why,,,, cagers either don't care, "don't see you", or,,,,,, the motorcyclist is in too much of a hurry (and there are more than a few of them). Everything I go for a ride of around 100 miles or so,,, there's usually an incident that could have become and accident.

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,042 Posts
It is not a bad idea to know the statistics. To understand the risk is to be able to mitigate it. Over the last 40 years or so automotive accidents have become more and more survivable. This has more to do with the design of the car than anything else. Motorcycle safety hasn't changed much.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The info I posted was for Ontario. In the U.S., there are only 19 states where helmets are mandated, the "survivability" in an MC accident "might" be lower if the lotorcyclist had been wearing a helmet.
I would also like to know stats on which type of bike the motorcyclist was riding,,, if they had a passenger,,,,,,,, years of riding, ,,,,,,,,,,where the accident happened (city, backroad, 4 lane, weather, etc.) ,,,,,,,,etc.

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,042 Posts
The info I posted was for Ontario. In the U.S., there are only 19 states where helmets are mandated, the "survivability" in an MC accident "might" be lower if the lotorcyclist had been wearing a helmet.
I would also like to know stats on which type of bike the motorcyclist was riding,,, if they had a passenger,,,,,,,, years of riding, ,,,,,,,,,,where the accident happened (city, backroad, 4 lane, weather, etc.) ,,,,,,,,etc.
No helmet = more deaths. That is commonly shown in the statistics. The article I read said 50% of the fatalities were bikes over 1400cc and sport bikes. Most fatal accidents accidents happen during June July and August, on the weekend and after 5pm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.