Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
58,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, got your attention now don't I >:)

A short while back I started compiling a list of places that folks talk about, or I have been to that have good food and enough room for a few of us to sit and visit.

So, to kick this list off, I am going to put up what has been thrown up by flylow, LtDan282 and myself along with hints from the Arkie bunch....

Please add your jewels of Food info to the list... the comments are those of the authors, please feel free to add your own.

Motorcycle Food
Coffeeville Brahms for burgers or ice cream, 1708 W 11th St, Coffeyville, KS

Dutch Pantry which is always good, Dutch Pantry, 10 West Main Street, Chouteau, OK

Green Country Cafe, 21601 U.S. 69, Afton, OK

Stuff'ns, 204 East Ketchum Avenue, Ketchum, OK : for some odd reason, Google wants to list the address as E Ketchum Ave in Vinita?? but it maps it right.

Karen's Kountry Kitchen, 415 West Main Street, Collinsville, OK
Great food, breakfast and lunch only

Hernandez Mexican Restaurant
1201 John Dahl Ave, Pawhuska, OK

Moline, Ks................Swing Bridge Cafe, 304 Walnut St, Moline, KS. This is the first place to see when entering town from East. Good old fashion food and great hamburgers.

Locust Grove, Ok...... Country Cottage Restaurant, 6570 Oklahoma 82, Locust Grove, OK Good food with buffet.

Yale, Ok.....................Chavas Mexican Restaurant, 301 N Main St, Yale, OK

Bolivar, Mo.................Smith’s Restaurant, 1340 State Highway U, Bolivar, MO . This is just a mile or so South of Bolivar. Good food with great cobbler.

Cleveland, Ok.............El Vallarias Mexican Restaurant, 809 N Broadway St, Cleveland, OK This is Hwy 99 approaching from the North. Good Mexican food.

Bartlesville, Ok............Dink’s Pit BBQ at 2929 E Frank Phillips Blvd, Bartlesville, OK.

Murphy’s Original Steak House at 1625 SW Frank Phillips Blvd. Murphy has a thing called a hot hamburger. It’s open faced with fries on top and brown gravy over all. It’s good! (This place is more like a cafe than a steak house.)

Grove, Ok....................Catfish John’s at 2151 U.S. 59, Grove, OK We have been there a few times and the fish is always good.

Mannford, Ok.................Freddie’s Steak House at 68 industrial Dr. Good steaks, great atmosphere overlooking the lake with large windows. Steer Inn Family Restaurant just down the street from Freddie’s at 108 industrial Dr. Good food with a great buffet (I’m just not sure at what time the buffet opens). Coming into town from the East they will be on the S side just after crossing over a arm of the lake.

Shawnee, Ok...................Shawnee Honda Motorsports at 99 W. Interstate Pkwy. Exit 185 off I40, move to the S. side of I40 and go E. on interstate Pkwy (service road). It’s a big place with lots of “stuff” to see and they have free hotdogs around noon on Saturday. I think this place and the place where you got your 1800 are owned by the same people. We’ll call before we go to make sure they still do that
2 hrs via I-44 and south at Chandler

Copan, Ok.......................Copan Truck Stop at 7440 US 75. That’s about ½ mile North of the junction of Hy 75 and Hy 10 from Wann. What can I say...truck stop food, it’s good.
55 min E on 390 or north to Nowata and then west, same either way.

Springdale, Ar..................AQ Chicken at 1207 N. Thompson St. That’s North on Bus 71B from Springdale. I have never had a bad meal there.

Tahlequah, Ok...................Hungry House at 902 S Muskogee Ave. Take Hy 51 into downtown and turn S. on Bus 62 or Muskogee Ave. They make a wonderful Indian Taco. It’s BIG!

Okmulgee, Ok..................Massey’s BBQ at 200 N. Wood Dr. That’s one block N. of the intersection of Hy 75 and Hy 56 (4th St.). We have always had good food there.

Steak & Catfish Barn 10603 S I-35 Service Rd, Oklahoma City, OK

·
Administrator
24,868 Posts
There's a lot of them, may have to come back and add from time to time.
Rivertown BBQ 205 S 3rd St, Ozark, AR 72949

Oark general store, Oark ar. no address needed, if you find Oark you found it.
old fashioned plate dinners, sandwiches and PIE

All American Hamburger barn, usually some nice walking scenery and a pretty good burger.
2813 Pine St, Arkadelphia, AR

Mt magazine lodge at Mt. Magazine st. park

Jo Jo's catfish wharf at Jacks fishing resort Hwy 5 N. Mtn. View Ar.

Fish nest restaurant
164 Hwy 70 E, Glenwood, AR

The lodge at Queen Wilhelmena st. park Ar. if they ever get it open again used to be excellent.

Mather lodge at Pettit Jean st. park, Ar. also excellent

Smokin in style BBQ
2278 Albert Pike Rd, Hot Springs, AR

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Last couple of weeks I have been frequenting Sierra Nevada brewery at Mills River, Ashville NC. Great food, great beer! Haven't brought my bike there yet.........

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Roadhouse Bar and Grill, Nevada, MO, great burgers and not expensive. Was told very good steaks also. Don't know address. Turn north on street by walmart 1/4 mile or so on left. Shabby looking, not fancy, but food is GOOD! I highly recommend the pork tenderloin sandwich.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts

·
life is good
1,159 Posts
1625 SW Frank Phillips Blvd, Bartlesville, OK 74003
(918) 336-4789 murphys steak house this is a for realzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!:):) DRIVING DIRECTIONS

The Meers Store is located on highway 115, 1 1/2 miles north of the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge, Take I-44 to Hwy 49. Travel West about 4 miles, to Hwy 58. Turn to the North for about 5 miles to the turn-off to Meers (follow the signs). Now turn to the West for 4 miles and you're there.

Please feel free to stop by any of the area Wildlife Refuge Centers to pick up maps of the entire area including meers and all the local attractions. You may also give us a call if you need more help. i spent around 80 bucks on a variety of food to eat there and to take home , and nobody in my family liked any of it it was not good to us but the place was packed a line out the door but it is said to be the best burger in Okla i don't think so but it was a long day of riding back home got in a bad rainstorm cold wet ride home........ and another . ... PHONE NUMBER
(918) 341-2927
Claremore › 1217 Archer Dr, Claremore, OK 74017
See 1 more location ›
Hugo's Family restaurant . breakfast is killer!!!!! ........... heres a fish resturant and market all in one......Map
Edit
1708 N Sheridan Rd
Tulsa, OK 74115
Dawson
Get Directions
Phone number (918) 835-1910
Business websitewhiteriverfishmarket.com

·
Administrator
58,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres a website to give you guys more places to try to expand this thread.
http://ridetoeat.com/
Good website, lot of work went into that one.

Stuck it on my Bookmarks and culling a few of those off to add to my Local List around here.

This one sounds like a place we can ride to:

Jincy's Kitchen 31392 South Qualls Rd Qualls, OK
35.720556, -95.032778
Everything completely cooked from scratch like grandma used to do. Big Chicken Fried Steak,Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, Bar-b-Q (call for daily menu) Blueberry Cobbler, fried okra, cabbage really great food.

Seems to be off the beaten path, just the kind of place us motorcycle folks like to find.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Grill A Burger, Palm Desert, Calif.

Plaza De Monterey Shopping Center, 73091 Country Club Dr #2, Palm Desert, CA 92260

·
Administrator
58,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that looks like worth riding over there to go get...
I have done a few RONs there in Palm Springs.... we would meet our son & family there as it was about halfway from Phoenix to his home.

Too bad I did not know of that one at the time.
Grill A Burger, Palm Desert, Calif

I just noticed it is very close to the Betty Ford Center in El Mirage.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
This needs to be regionalized and stickied.

Top of the list for me is Low Gap Cafe, it's the only place in Low Gap. Great buffet for Sunday lunch even if it is small. You might also see some elk if you ride through the Boxley Valley.

Natural Dam General Store at Natural Dam on AR 59 has great tasting cheeseburgers.

Oark General Store is known for pies.

Catulpa, just around the corner from Oark is supposed to have good burgers.

Top Rock Cafe in Alpena is supposed to have good burgers.

Debbie and I like Furrs Restaurant in Fort Smith AR

Washburn MO has a great little cafe on the south side next door to a gas station. It's cheap. I ordered a ham steak for breakfast and received three plates of food. It was good too.

Here's a link to more AR eateries; http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572572

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I don't know the address but here are a few.
Alamosa Colorado Calvillos Mexican
Pueblo CO Cactus Flower Mexican
Taos New Mexico Orlandos Mexican
Chimayo New Mexico Rancho De Chimayo Mexican
Albuquerque NM El Pinto Mexican
Ruidoso NM Casa Blanca ( The White House) Mexican
All real good food

·
Administrator
24,868 Posts
This needs to be regionalized and stickied.

Top of the list for me is Low Gap Cafe, it's the only place in Low Gap. Great buffet for Sunday lunch even if it is small. You might also see some elk if you ride through the Boxley Valley.

Natural Dam General Store at Natural Dam on AR 59 has great tasting cheeseburgers.

Oark General Store is known for pies.

Catulpa, just around the corner from Oark is supposed to have good burgers.

Top Rock Cafe in Alpena is supposed to have good burgers.

Debbie and I like Furrs Restaurant in Fort Smith AR

Washburn MO has a great little cafe on the south side next door to a gas station. It's cheap. I ordered a ham steak for breakfast and received three plates of food. It was good too.

Here's a link to more AR eateries; http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572572
Been to low Gap cafe, won't go back. I was not impressed.
Catalpa cafe does have a good burger, forgot about it.

·
Administrator
21,999 Posts
Therein lies a problem. A restaurant that gets good marks by one person may not be another's cup-o-tea. So, what to do?

My solution is: Whether or not you like this restaurant, (The Bagdad Diner in Bagdad Arizona,) I'm pretty sure you'll like the ride getting there. About 130 miles from home and a good ride even if you take the shorter, straighter 93/97/96 route. The longer, back-roads route is challenging, traffic-free and a peg scraping party if you're up for it.

I don't go there for the food, though the only diner in town is decent enough.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.572857,-113.178298,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1s27514068!2e1!3e10!6s%2F%2Fstorage.googleapis.com%2Fstatic.panoramio.com%2Fphotos%2Fsmall%2F27514068.jpg!7i2592!8i1944

·
Administrator
24,868 Posts
Therein lies a problem. A restaurant that gets good marks by one person may not be another's cup-o-tea. So, what to do?
It's really more about the ride and the company but most of us can agree when it's a good burger, it's a good burger, or chicken or BBQ or whatever.

·
Administrator
58,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My solution is: Whether or not you like this restaurant, (The Bagdad Diner in Bagdad Arizona,) I'm pretty sure you'll like the ride getting there. About 130 miles from home and a good ride even if you take the shorter, straighter 93/97/96 route. The longer, back-roads route is challenging, traffic-free and a peg scraping party if you're up for it.
OMGarsh....
I have been by there so many times, and never did go over to Bagdad... I suppose because I have always been by myself and did not know anyone there, or it has been on trips to LV and don't have time for side trips.

Not likely now, that I will ever see that part of AZ again. If I do get there, it will be using I-40 going somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
The Blueberry Pig in Decatur, TN... On TN 58 northbound as you are leaving town... Great brisket, the brisket sandwich with raspberry BBQ sauce is to die for as is their pulled pork... Try the Blueberry Bomb for dessert - it is killer...

https://www.facebook.com/blueberrypig/?fref=ts

On another note, I found this list a few years back - it is regionalized and easy to use...

Les

·
Administrator
58,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Blueberry Pig in Decatur, TN... On TN 58 northbound as you are leaving town... Great brisket, the brisket sandwich with raspberry BBQ sauce is to die for as is their pulled pork... Try the Blueberry Bomb for dessert - it is killer...

https://www.facebook.com/blueberrypig/?fref=ts

On another note, I found this list a few years back - it is regionalized and easy to use...

Les
hmmm, maybe I have to detour thru there on the way to the Blue Ridge spring rally?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I will contribute my favorite BBQ haunt.

http://www.bartleysbbq.com

Located just a short drive from DFW airport I hated moving from Texas because I loved their food.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts