Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I recently purchased insurance from Progressive. Anyone use them? Opinions??

I looked at esurance who had better rates but did a reviews search online and found some bad reviews. Anyone use them? Opinions??

Who do you use?

JB

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,505 Posts
imported post

I've been with Progressive more than 10 years.

When my bike wiped out that semi-truck last year, they took care of me in grand style.

I am staying with them.

One word of caution, if you have not purchased the full package, Uninsured Motorist, and Under Insured Motorist; you are not fully covered. Please go back and update your policy.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Just started riding again last year and went with Progressive, reasonable rates and seem to be friendly, no problems yet.:action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Been using Progressive for quite some time now, never had any problems.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
One word of caution, if you have not purchased the full package, Uninsured Motorist, and Under Insured Motorist; you are not fully covered. Please go back and update your policy.
Yep, I bought the "Uninsured Motorist Added on" which also covers under insured motorist.

But thanks for the heads up AZ! You have experience that I'm hoping to avoid...

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

George Soros, if you don't know about him, you might want to read up on him. That's who you gave your money to and if you are not a global new world order type of person, you might rethink your insurance company. Personally, if it costs me a hundred bucks a month extra, I would give my money to someone else.

I strongly agree with everything our forefathers put in the Constitution, this guy as well as ol Ted Turner think we all need to fall in with the U.N. and let them tell us how we should live.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
imported post

I have use them (Progressive) for eighteen years and I haven't found anyone who could match their pricing forthe same coverage.However and on the other hand we have been blessed and we have not had to process a claim so I cannot comment on services outside ofcollecting my money and providing me a card. :action:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Progressive has been carrying my commercial vehicle and 3 bikes with no problems.

I recently reviewed my insurances and added uninsured motorist and comprehensive. It was fairly cheap and after what SpiderBob is going through with his hit and run accident, I decided that little bit more was worth it.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
George Soros, if you don't know about him, you might want to read up on him. That's who you gave your money to and if you are not a global new world order type of person, you might rethink your insurance company. Personally, if it costs me a hundred bucks a month extra, I would give my money to someone else.

I strongly agree with everything our forefathers put in the Constitution, this guy as well as ol Ted Turner think we all need to fall in with the U.N. and let them tell us how we should live.
Interesting information and the world would be a much better place without George around. Slimeball that better never come to my front door (not that he would) cause even my dogs could figure him out without too much effort. And although I agree in principal with your $100 a month statement, and that is about exactly what it would have been to go State Farm (who I hate also), I just don't have that "luxury" right now. But after I stew on GS for a few days, who knows.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Progressive for me too... total coverage including roadside assistance for $30/month. We also have my wife's car covered with them. After an accident last year, with 12K damages, that car was back to us within 12 days of the accident and looked brand new.

Last I heard, Progressive is a publicly traded company on the NYSE. That means anyone can purchase stock and own a piece of the company. I'm sure that many people I do business with hold starkly differing views on the world than I do..... isn't that part of what diversity is all about?

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

Maybe you guys have this, but no one has stated so. I also requested (as an add on) medical insurance for my passenger. I don't carry medical for myself because I have good coverage through my work. Normally only my wife and son ride with me, and they are also covered under mywork insurance.Occasionally I have given rides to my nieces and sister inlaw. I just want to be a responsible person if someone is injured as a passenger on my bike.

·
Administrator
61,505 Posts
imported post

Good thought Danny, I would have to recheck my policy to see if passengers are included?

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Good thought Danny, I would have to recheck my policy to see if passengers are included?
John this is extra, beyond the $100.000 Bodily Injury Liability that I have. Should have put that in my other post.

I guess everyone would havecoverage for Bodily Injury Liability. My company offers extramedical for a passenger so I took it. Right off hand I don't remember how much extra medical coverage I get on the policy for a passenger.

·
Administrator
61,505 Posts
imported post

I know that I do not have medical for me, but that is because I am totally covered by my employment medical coverage.

But, my wife and daughter's cars are on my policy also. Guess I should do a check up and see that all are adequately covered, "just in case".

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Just got an email from the Progressive regional manager offering those of us in the flood areas to be able to suspend payments if needed.

Cotton States never did that or took the initiative to offer and we had them 25 years straight.

·
Administrator
61,505 Posts
imported post

Somebody on the board of directors for Progressive, has a touch of sensitivity for the customer's current situation.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I use Geico, and they were very competitive with Progressive, in fact was slightly better. I have a medical clause on mine for me or the passenger as well as bodily injury coverage on the policy.

As far as public companies go, folks can buy a share or several shares of it's stock, but usually will have very little to say in how the company is run. I posted about George and everyone can read up on him or not, that is your choice. To believe otherwise than what he is pushing far
is to ignore what he spends your money on. That is your choice of course.

Rudy, just so you know, George Soros sends millions of dollars to the very folks trying to take away your right to own and shoot that 45 you love! The brady bunch receives most of it.

·
Administrator
61,505 Posts
imported post

Let's back off on who runs a company please. That is off topic.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
imported post

I have Progressive and they have been wonderful - particularly during a claim. Can't say enough good things about them

·
Premium Member
67,320 Posts
imported post

I have Progressive, Price and coverage was the same as the old company.. I bought it because they had a tow package..
Has anyone ever used their tow service.........

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.