Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Came across an interesting article at the following web site: http://www.tommcgrathlaw.com/articles.aspx

4; Protect You and Your Passenger-Deals with Insurance...take a look!!!

I know it mentions North and South Carolina and Virginia..but might be worth taking a look at for those who live in other states.

I use Progressive Insurance..been on road 18 years with no claims and no tickets. Was doing some research since my coverage is coming due and ran across the above article. Has anyone had any experience filing a claim with Progressive?

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

I filed a claim with Progressive about 3 years ago when I wrecked my 1200. They were prompt, professional and courteous. Paid off quickly and frankly gave me more than the bike was probably worth. I will not ever use anybody else, hands down the best experience I have ever had dealing with an insurance company.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Ive used them since coming to the states in 94 will not use anyone else

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear the good report on Progressive, I quit GEICO after 26 years to go with Progressive last year after they tried to raise my insurance premium.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
imported post

I had Progressive when I left the states. $350.00 a year. Full coverage. But they do not insure overseas. Here in Naples, Italy, USAA wants $149.00 A MONTH.

:wtf:

Hopefully I can find a better deal. There is a Gieco office here and I have heard of anothercompany I hope that can do a little better.Can't think of the name at the moment. Damn sunshine and warm weather has fried my brain. :badgrin:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

chiefcherokee wrote:
I filed a claim with Progressive about 3 years ago when I wrecked my 1200. They were prompt, professional and courteous. Paid off quickly and frankly gave me more than the bike was probably worth. I will not ever use anybody else, hands down the best experience I have ever had dealing with an insurance company.
I can echo every word of this post.

Jan 10, 2008 Penske's semi driver put me into the center median wall. Penske et all took over 3 years to pay off.

Progressive stood up for me, paid full replacement cost for my '94SE. I had papers documenting everything I had put on the bike.

I'm still with them, why change?

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Glad to hear the good report on Progressive, I quit GEICO after 26 years to go with Progressive last year after they tried to raise my insurance premium.
Somebody has to pay for all those fancy TV advertisements and that ugly CGI geico. :needahug:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

logtech wrote:
Damn sunshine and warm weather has fried my brain. :badgrin:
You sure it isn't the vino, food and music?

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I've attended several lectures given by Tom McGrath or one of his collegues. He offers to speak for free to any of the local motorcycle clubs. It's always a well attended event. And it's always a convincer.
I've shared that information here before, but it seems that we are lucky in Virginia compared to the other states, in respect to the UM/UIM coverage.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

Progressive handled my claim 13 months ago. They sent the flatbed out to pick up the bike, arranged to have it hauled it to the local shop the next day, and paid the $8k to patch it up without a whimper. This being my one and only claim my rates didn't rise either. I have no reason to not recommend them.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
imported post

wow 350 for full coverage. I have Full on my 1200 here in AZ and I only pay 175. Maybe its because I have everything else with them also.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
imported post

Having insurance is a good thing but make sure to have enough umbrella coverage for all your assets. See people going homeless after a bad accident cause they don't have enough coverage. People will definitely go after your assets if they got injured.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

britman wrote:
Ive used them since coming to the states in 94 will not use anyone else
They're letting Brits in now? Gawd stone the crows, what's next

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
wow 350 for full coverage. I have Full on my 1200 here in AZ and I only pay 175. Maybe its because I have everything else with them also.
You guys are hurtin' my feelings again.................here on the west coast of Canada I pay $1000 a year for full coverage - $800 if I just want liability. Now, I admit those are Canadian dollars but that still works out to about $960 U.S.

..........now stop wingin'.....er.........complaining!

T.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.