Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I get home from offshore I'll be doing some work on my GW that will require a jack. Was just wondering what experienced owners are using. Price is an issue of course, but safety and stability are the most important. There are a couple of jacks at the JC Whitney site and I have also done some preliminary internet searching.

Recommendations anyone?

Thanks!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Take a look at the Harbor Freight Jack, I've been using mine for the past four years on all different models of Goldwing.

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Jack

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I have the Sears version and works well after about 3 years. Wait until it goes on sale though.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Take a look at the Harbor Freight Jack, I've been using mine for the past four years on all different models of Goldwing.

I just bought the same one a couple of weeks ago and love it. Didn't have to wait for the Sears jack to go on sale - which was still higher on sale than the one in the link above.

Larry

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I have the Sears jack. It works fine. I got it on sale for about $100.00. Unfortunately, the Sears unit comes from China as well as the HF.:( FWIW the Sears jack comes with two ratchet tie downs.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:

I have one that looks just like the HF unit that was purchased from Sears or Walley World. It worked really well for my VTX 1300.

I use it currently for the GL1800 but with some shims under the exhaust manifolds and another jack under the center stand. (More Stupid Stuff)

This is a very poor and unsafe situation that is being corrected starting this week. Not the jack's fault mind you, it just needs a design tune up so to speak.

Installing a 1/4" steel plate bolted to the jack with a bed pad that conforms to the engine bottom and extends back to the center stand in the up position. The second jack or jack stand will still assist the rear.

If or when successful I will picture it.

Longboater

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.