Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

was looking at getting a bike lift, any suggestions













:weightlifter:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
imported post

I saw this one in Daytona during biketoberfest, looked very good:


















Harbor freight also has some, but I normally only buy HF if I can throw away the tool after one use.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,735 Posts
imported post

harbor freight has a few good ones for cheap. They even have 2 of them that look similar to the one posted above for cheaper. Just be careful of how fast they lower the bike.
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
59,700 Posts

·
Token Canuk
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
imported post

John - I get a "404" on your "Floor lifts and Jacks" link :?Ya, sure now ya got it working :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
imported post

It cost's a few more bucks but I bought one from Ranger.:action:
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
59,700 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
John - I get a "404" on your "Floor lifts and Jacks" link :?Ya, sure now ya got it working :cool:
The actual link is directly below the "labeled link" Bob,
Some folks have bad luck following the labeled link, so I put it up both ways, the label and the actual link right below it.

It goes to a thread which discusses a lot of different lifts.

I went back and edited that post to reflect that fact.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
304 Posts
imported post

1500 lbs Motorcycle Jack Lot # 2792. Reg price $119.99 With Code # 66752624 $59.99 Save 60 bucks!
This is the jack Motorcycle Jack / ATV Lift - 1500 Lb. Capacity

For those wanting the 1000 lbs table lift Lot# 91764. Reg price $499.99 with Code # 50976858 $299.99 Save 200 or 300 bucks! (as the website now shows 599.99 as the regular price! but the coupon shows the regular price as 499.99!)
Motorcycle Lift Table - 1000 Lb. Capacity
 

·
Impersonating a mechanic
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
imported post

HyperPete wrote:
For those wanting the 1000 lbs table lift Lot# 91764. Reg price $499.99 with Code # 50976858 $299.99 Save 200 or 300 bucks! (as the website now shows 599.99 as the regular price! but the coupon shows the regular price as 499.99!)
Motorcycle Lift Table - 1000 Lb. Capacity
There's a review of this item, right on the web page. Suggest anyone considering a purchase of this table lift read the review first.
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

Say what you want about HF but that bike jack is a good one and at a great price with the code number. That's what I paid for mine more than seven years ago and it's still working fine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,221 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
321 Posts
imported post

I have the HF 1000 lb one and have been using it for my 08 GL1800 and it works great. It takes a bit of pumping to get it up but seems quite stable. And for $279 it's hard to beat! You just have to have a light touch when lowering as it goes down fast. JMHO
Bill
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,106 Posts
imported post

i looked at this issue 2 ways when i was needing a lift,

1. how often are you going to use it
2. how much do you want to pay


well i looked at hf saw what they had for 400-500 bucks i was not liking the price on something i would use maybe once or twice a year

so i built a platform out of 2x4's and 1/2 ply wood push the bike on it, the bike sits about 3 1/2 feet off the ground around or about i put some 1/2 eye bolts on the front to tie down the front took some 3/4inch ply wood and built a front stop the front wheel sits against while its secured

it works fine and i only had about 40 bucks in wood and misc. supplies and when im not using it to repair a bike i use it as a work table on a roll around chair its the perfect height to work on a motorcycle or atv
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,276 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
i looked at this issue 2 ways when i was needing a lift,

1. how often are you going to use it
2. how much do you want to pay


well i looked at hf saw what they had for 400-500 bucks i was not liking the price on something i would use maybe once or twice a year

so i built a platform out of 2x4's and 1/2 ply wood push the bike on it, the bike sits about 3 1/2 feet off the ground around or about i put some 1/2 eye bolts on the front to tie down the front took some 3/4inch ply wood and built a front stop the front wheel sits against while its secured

it works fine and i only had about 40 bucks in wood and misc. supplies and when im not using it to repair a bike i use it as a work table on a roll around chair its the perfect height to work on a motorcycle or atv


And........the pics are where?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
802 Posts
imported post

Here is what I use... Ok it's probably not fair but I already had the 4 post automotive lift in the garage:















 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
802 Posts
imported post

On a more serious note. I have the yellow HF 1000lb lift/jack that I've used for over 3 years to pick all of my goldwings up. It's worked perfectly.

I have also used that $500 HF lift rebuilding an HD bagger and an 84 GL1200I. It also worked great. If I didn't have the 4 post automotive lift I'd opt for the $500 HF rig especially since the code provided in a previous post lowered it to $279 or $300.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top