Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

..... you certainly CAN lift a Wing on its down tubes/forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gif,and its center stand...and many people do.. Its just that I don't like the look of that ,especially since  I am often wrestling the bike back and forth a bit to ..... say..... remove a rear wheel/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif... I use a made-from-internet-plans homemade jack.($22).. so this was not a big leap/forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif.. but .. get two scrap hardwood  3/4 by 1.5  by 8 inches long ... oak works well... probably free at  your local home depot  in the scrap bin... and 4 bolts, 4 nuts, 8 flat washers, and 4 lock washers (probably NOT free ).. and cut then to length so they just clear the inside of your headers, and rest on your centerstand..  and drill 4 holes, and inset the heads of bolts in to the hardwood  by a bit.. and there you are...  /forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies/cooler.gif Since I drilled all the holes in the original/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/grinner.gif .. I had no hesitation in drilling 4 more... If you paid $150 at sears.. you might be a little hesitant..  But believe me... hardwood blocks on the engine    feels much more stable, than a  steel jack top  sitting on a rounded header down pipe .../forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/3sum.gif SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.