Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi folks, I am building a shed so that I can tear into my new bike this winter. High on the list are new timing belts, repair rear shock, stainless brake lines, and much more. I want to buy a lift for the bike, and I was wondering if the $90 one at JC Whitney is any good. I can't afford the $400 models. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I have a Larin that was $105 and I have seen since for $60. It works well. I place two boards on top of it to keep the weight off the pipes.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

build it out of 2x8's 3/4 plywood

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks guys. I like the harbor freight unit.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Got mine at Autozone... $98... no shipping!

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

The ones Pep Boys sell go on sale every now and then. I got mine a couple years ago on rt 22 for $49.95. I think they are usually $59.95. I've used it on my Harley and the wing. I have to put a piece of wood on it to keep the wing stabil.Other then that works fine.,,

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Hey Big Cahuna - do you do your own work or have you got a good local guy? I want to tackle this stuff, but I'm also busy renovating two houses and working full time. If I could find someone......

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
imported post

Bought mine at Sams for $95 still working...

·
2,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

got mine as a birthday present. free.:) but it came from tractor supply. i use the mohawk most of the time though. i can walk under it if i need to.:D

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
imported post

Use wood to keep the exhaust clear. Won't hurt to stretch a tie down over the frame. Support the swingarm when removing both wheels.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

I have a Sears--they have several sturdy, work great models in the $99. range, and with a little patience, get a coupon/deal/sale, and do better... it folds up and stores out of the way very nicely. good luck on the projects...:clapper:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Mine came from Sears and was on-sale for something like $80. Works just fine. I've also seen the Harbor Freight model and that should handle the job just fine.

·
Nobody You Know
277 Posts
imported post

I bought a Larin at Sam's Club for about $60 and it's been working fine. Sears has one similar for about $90. Mine has 4 adjustable supports where the jack meets the bike which I don't need on the GL, but come in handy for my CB750. When you raise the bike, you'll probably have to play with the exact lift spot so that it is balanced. Helps to have a friend steady the bike while you lay on the floor and roll it around and do some trial lifts until you find the right spot. I always use 4 ratchet straps to cinch it down to the jack good once it's off the floor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.