Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a discussion about if goldwing had 2 speed transmission there was someone gave me info on a mechanic located in edgefield sc . would be thankful if i could his name again thank you

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,922 Posts
his name is Sean Burch, has a motorcycle business there.
he hangs out on Facebook

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,922 Posts
go back through the threads that you have created, his full info is there

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're looking for. It's not a goldwing, but it's the only two speed I've heard of in a bigger Honda.

Back in the 70s Honda made a 750 four cylinder with a 2 speed automatic. No clutch, but you had a foot shifter to change from low to high. It was a commercial flop however and still not worth anything to most people. I see one for sale sometimes and the seller thinks he's found a gold mine.

Rayjoe

·
Honda Guru
2,069 Posts
Just to correct all the info about the 2 speed transmission.... it was only on the CB900C/1000C The 900C/1000C had a shaft drive, the CB750C had a drive chain. The 900C was a success in some sorts. It actually sold pretty good.... sold better than the CB900F. It was more of a cruiser model and didn't do too bad but wasn't a screamer on the acceleration or on the track. I've got 2 or 3 of the sub-transmissions if anyone is wanting to play with them. Make you a good deal!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure if this is what you're looking for. It's not a goldwing, but it's the only two speed I've heard of in a bigger Honda.

Back in the 70s Honda made a 750 four cylinder with a 2 speed automatic. No clutch, but you had a foot shifter to change from low to high. It was a commercial flop however and still not worth anything to most people. I see one for sale sometimes and the seller thinks he's found a gold mine.

Rayjoe
Thank you

·
Registered
201 Posts

Rayjoe
I bought a wrecked 1978? CB750A Hondamatic in 1979. My dad and I welded the engine cases back together and welded the end back on the crankshaft that holds the rotor on for the alternator. I rode it for a year and sold it to a fella with one arm. I loved the bike, It was smooth. It was not fast, It would go 60 in low and what ever in high. It had a parking brake under the seat and went into neutral when the kickstand was down. No tack, just a green light for 1 and 2 (low and go). It had an accelerator pump. I could turn the throttle 3 times in the morning and Just touch the starter button and it was purring. SOHC. Single disc in the front that looked good and that was it.

I have a picture of the engine all apart in my apartment on a tarp.

I will always remember that bike.

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts