Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

If yall ever get a chance to go HERE GO!!!!!

It is the national motorcycle museum:clapper: It is about 90% Harley's, but still some awesome bikes!!

They have the very first Gold wing sold in the US there:clapper:

They have Peter Fonda's bike there from Easy rider movie signed and dated by Peter..

As soon as I get the pics uploaded to the web I will post a link:cooldj:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

If its a motorcycle museum ,,what are the Harleys doing there ?:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey DigbyODell :leprechaun: Very interesting place. :clapper:Thats the correct place for hd.

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There's a motorcycle museum to be constructed soon in Tacoma, WA. It's supposed to be pretty representative of many different brands. Right nearby is where the new LeMay Car museum is being established. LeMay was quite a character around here. He started a garbage collecting business with one truck in 1950 and parlayed it into a major waste collection business serving a big chunk of NW Washington and beyond. His car collection is HUGE, might be larger than Harrah's used to be. I've been through a couple of his warehouses and seen a lot of his collection, it will really be neat when both museums are up and running.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

HERE are some of the pix I took at the museum today:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

How did you post your shortened link? I have tried, but apparently it's not standard HTML stuff....

Raymond

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
If yall ever get a chance to go HERE GO!!!!!

It is the national motorcycle museum:clapper: It is about 90% Harley's, but still some awesome bikes!!

They have the very first Gold wing sold in the US there:clapper:

They have Peter Fonda's bike there from Easy rider movie signed and dated by Peter..

As soon as I get the pics uploaded to the web I will post a link:cooldj:

I wish I had known about that when I went thru Iowa. I would have liked to have seen that!:cooler:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

The museum itself is a bit of a PIA to find....I mapquested the directions prior to going to to make sure I new where I was going:cool:

We will probably be taking the bikes down there in a few weeks and stay a bit longer since we had our son with us this time he got real bored real fast....:baffled:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

hi all, wish we had something like this in the north east of england,if i win the lottery i think i will start my own???:grinner::grinner:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Hey Digby, just about where is that museum, my oldest boy lives in Dewhit or somewhere near there, and next year they are expecting a baby, so I have a good feeling that the better half will want to be there, and I will need something to do, and since I like museums, it would be fun to check it out, so any info on where I can find it would be appreciated.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Here is themapquest I did on it.... When the time gets close you can let me know and I can give you better directions, or we can meet up and go together:waving:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Sounds like fun, thanks, I'll keep it in mind.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.