Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my advanced age I'm looking at a trike or Spyder for me and the wife. Wondering if 3 wheelers are typically allowed to park in motorcycle parking at state and national parks and other places like museums and amusement parks.

thx to anyone taking the time to respond.

mark in MN

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
If its titled as a motorcycle,I would say yes

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,700 Posts
I have never, ever, seen an instance of a Trike being barred from parking anywhere.

·
Magic Moderator
4,574 Posts
I'll let you in on another parking space you can use with a trike and I used it many times in the past, a space for compact cars or fuel efficient vehicles, I even parked on the side walk at Walmart when other motorcycles were parked there. I've parked in motorcycle spaces too, I'd pull in with the back end out and between the lines as this keeps some 'Genius' from parking in front of the fender of a backed in trike.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,700 Posts
at the Walmarts, I always pull up against the building and park it where no one, not even Pedestrians will be bothered by it....

Sometimes, I park it in the middle of the big 3 huge Yellow Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Back in the 60's when I first started riding, everyone parked bikes in the crosshatched areas at the end of parking lot rows. Never thought anything of it....we all did it. It was just one of the perks of riding a bike...never needing to hike in from the boonies.

But, ever since moving to NC....I've not seen anyone do it. Don't know if this is just a case of 'local custom' or if suddenly someone became upset about it and started issuing tickets. Been here now since '92....havent seen anyone do it even once. Half afraid to do it for fear of a fracas over the matter.

....sT

·
Registered
'93 GL1500 Aspencade '80 GL1100 STD Vetter
786 Posts
That's my usual parking. A lot of stores have "No Motorcycles" signs on the sides of the buildings now.

Reactions: CrystalPistol

·
Administrator
26,173 Posts
at the Walmarts, I always pull up against the building and park it where no one, not even Pedestrians will be bothered by it....

Sometimes, I park it in the middle of the big 3 huge Yellow Posts
You can get away with most anything as far as WalMart is concerned. It's the jerk customer that might give you trouble.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would say some places yes, and some no. Only because of the width of the bike. Motorcycle spaces are set up to put as many bikes in odd or smaller spaces in parking areas. This saves a full size parking spot for a car that someone with 1 bike would take up. The width of a trike takes up close to two bike spaces in these areas. Quite a few of motorcycle parking areas have posts in the ground that a bike can get through. They are put there so people will not park small cars in the spots. You would not get a trike through those posts. There is usually just enough room to get the wing through.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
510 Posts
I'd be hesitant to park my bike at the head of the row in the angled stripes. I'd worry about kids running up and touching / sitting on the bike because they all have to pass it at least twice, and angry nosy types complaining about me parking where I oughtn't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts