Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi everybody,does anyone know of a honest,reasonable repair person for older goldwings. i live in west alabama near birmingham and need some work done on a gl1100. i have put new valve seals,timing belts and can't seem to get the timing back right.i have tried all i know to do. i went by all the instructions i had and must still be doing something wrong. if you know of someone here around tuscaloosa or birmingham please send me the phone for them. this bikehas only got 20,000 miles on it and is very clean inside valve covers. valve seals. it smoke real bad if it set long on side stand.i changed timing belts cause age along wears on them. thanks in advance for your help. hoghideman

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I live in Gadsden. Al. I put on new tenensors and belts yesterday on the 8th. Where do you live? I have a gps. Please pm me if you still need help, with your address. Thank you. God Bless. David

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I have an appt at 3pm today to have a new front mounted, but I can install belts with
ease, even if the crankrhaft or pullys have been turned. ONE IMPORTANT REMINDER. Disconnect the negative battery cable, and DO NOT try to start it with the tining belts out of sync. You can do some damage on
one of the heads. Mine ialso is an 83 Interstate. David

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

hoghideman wrote:
....it smoke real bad if it set long on side stand.....

Don't use the kick stand for long periods of time and that won't happen, and its more likely that the oil is getting past the rings so doing the seals will not help much.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.