1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Let us know as soon as you get names. We have members in the area and I have friends with Goldwings

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Guys,

The name of the gentleman killed in this crash was Rick Payne. 52 years old and a member of the Canadian Navy from what I am told.

My wife and I were out for supper tonight with a few other couples and one of them is in the Navy and filled in the missing blank. Apparently he wife passed away 5 or 6 years ago in an automobile accident.

I am not sure if he was a member here or not. Maybe Steve or a MOD can do a check on the name.

Our sincere condolences to his family.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Whether he was registered to the forum or not he shared our passion and was one of us. RIP to him and condolences to his family and friends.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Tim, This is the first I heard about Rick being the person who died in the accident. I served with Rick in the Navy and you could not find a nicer person. Rick lost his wife a few years ago in a car accident and had a hard time dealing with his loss. She was a wonderful person. Rick and his wife were very experienced Goldwing riders and enjoyed the hobby that we all enjoy riding our Gold wings. I believe he leaves two teenage daughters behind. I read about the accident but, it has a different meaning when it is someone you know. Very sad.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Sorry to hear of another tragedy, our condolences :praying:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.