Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over and over again Captian Midnight has talked about adding heat to the manifold...

Just wondering... has anyone seen one of these? Fits an '83 fuel injected Ford Fiesta... same model and year range as the fiestas that had the Weber downdraft I bought from Tom Langdon.

I'd bet dollars to donuts it is the same bolt pattern as the Weber DVG...

I'mma justa gonna leave this rat here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OE-Motorcraft-CM-3958A-Fuel-Injection-Fuel-Heater-Intake-Spacer-E3FZ-9F732-A-/331091003458

T

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
As a rule, colder means denser. Why would you want to "thin out" the fuel charge?
Heating the manifold does not appreciably heat the intake charge.
Heating the manifold creates a boundary layer within the manifolds interior surfaces, separating the intake charge from the metal walls and allowing for unimpeded flow from throttle valve to combustion chamber.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I've used them plenty. They are no substitute for a fully heated manifold.

In application they were used for cold starting only. In practice, they heat-up near instantly. In my experiences, they can be beneficial in extremely cold climates if used with heated intake air.

Imaging: if usages elsewhere with this piece are showing strong and positive results, ..imaging what a fully heated, port-tuned, unitized manifold would show for results.

A good piece to consider using if riding in single digit (or less) temperatures where it can be truly appreciated. Of course, this assumes use of a fully heated manifold with heated intake air in use with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.