Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Planning a ride through the Ozarks in about a week and a half and will be spending the first night in Mountain Home, Arkansas. Does anybody have any tips for me about great, interesting, novel hotels to stay at, places to visit or see and places to eat while there? Bobby

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

You should have several answers by morning.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Hop over to Harrison and drop south on HWY 7. Its about 15 miles or so to Jasper. 6 miles south of Jasper on "7" there is "The Cliff Inn" Its built on top of a mountain side. The whole back of the resturant is glass and looks over the cliff. You can walk out on the back deck for an even better view. Decent food too. Hwy 7 isnt named "Scenic 7" for nutin' :action::action:. Lots of nicely placed scenic overlooks. Almost any road in Arkansas is nice. My favorite rides have come from Arkansas. Enjoy...

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

da_bull wrote:
Hop over to Harrison and drop south on HWY 7. Its about 15 miles or so to Jasper. 6 miles south of Jasper on "7" there is "The Cliff Inn" Its built on top of a mountain side. The whole back of the resturant is glass and looks over the cliff. You can walk out on the back deck for an even better view. Decent food too. Hwy 7 isnt named "Scenic 7" for nutin' :action::action:. Lots of nicely placed scenic overlooks. Almost any road in Arkansas is nice. My favorite rides have come from Arkansas. Enjoy...
Ditto......

Also, don't miss Eureka Springs..... wonderful old town!

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

Oldshack wrote:
Planning a ride through the Ozarks in about a week and a half and will be spending the first night in Mountain Home, Arkansas. Does anybody have any tips for me about great, interesting, novel hotels to stay at, places to visit or see and places to eat while there? Bobby
On the main drag through town there is a place called the Back Forty. Best char-burges in town and fries. Also the coldest beer this side of the white river. Ask anyone in town, its a local spot and always doing a great business. Its my home away from home when I'm there. ;)

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Cyote61 wrote:
Its my home away from home when I'm there. ;)
He means it's one of his hideouts when the law or an angry woman is chasing him. :D

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
imported post

Don't forget about Mountain View & Eureka Springs. Both interesting little towns and biker friendly. Mt. View has bluegrass music on the square every Saturday night & has a great fish or steak spot Anglers that sits right on the Little Red River - also a lodge that attaches if you want to stay, very reasonable & overlooks the river. Eureka Springs also has a bunch of spots to stay for reasonable rates this part of the season - @ the top of the hill and historic hotels throughout downtown.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks everyone for the tips. I can see where my message was a bit misleading in that most thought I meant places in the Ozarks. But... I meant in Mountain Home. I ride the Western Ozarks quite a bit and have been all up and down the Pigtrail, Eureka Springs, highway 7. This trip I am going over through Mountain Home and winding down on highway 5 and back across to 7 and down to Petit Jean state park and eventually down to Hot Springs to see the American Gangster Museum. That being said, there were still some places mentioned above that I would like to check out like the Cliff Inn and the Back Forty but still more thoughts on Mountain Home?

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

Let me know when you will be in Hot Springs, maybe we could get together for a cup-a-coffee.

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

If it ever stops raining long enough to bail my hay I will be in Calico Rock the last of the month. PM me and I will give you my Mobil Phone #,

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

How did you know? I left one at the back forty last time I was there, don't mention my name! Oh wait, I didn't use my real name :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: If our visitor goes to the Back Forty he won't care about seeing anything else. I can spend days in there at a time. However if he has time on his hands then he can run over to my ranch out of Salem and run my fence line and check for breaks. :cool: Its only 45 minutes away. Also, I recommend looking around Cotter on the white river and taking the tour at the Ranger bass boat factory in Flippin. Its only 15 minutes from Moiuntain Home. Also, if you're in Flippin at the Ranger Factory, stop at Sodie's Drugs for he biggest bestest Banna Split ever made. You'll pass it right by the Railroad tracts on your way. I can keep going bubba but I have no idea how much time you have in the Mountain Home area? :cool::)

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

Rabbit wrote:
If it ever stops raining long enough to bail my hay I will be in Calico Rock the last of the month. PM me and I will give you my Mobil Phone #,
I ain't sure its ever gonna quit raining:cheeky1::cheeky1: Talk about grass this year in Northern Arkansas!! Wow!

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Cyote61 wrote:
Rabbit wrote:
I ain't sure its ever gonna quit raining:cheeky1::cheeky1: Talk about grass this year in Northern Arkansas!! Wow!
Yes sir it pretty much rained the whole month of Sept. The White was brown when we left. Fishing was good the first part of the month. I am not complaining about the rain.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
imported post

(Please ignore this if you know about the Talimena)

If you are going to end up in Hot Springs then you NEED to go back home via Mena, ARto Talihina, OK across the nearest thing to Deals Gap in that neck of the woods. It's a must see. PM me if you need more info.

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
imported post

Shiny_side_up wrote:
(Please ignore this if you know about the Talimena)

If you are going to end up in Hot Springs then you NEED to go back home via Mena, ARto Talihina, OK across the nearest thing to Deals Gap in that neck of the woods. It's a must see. PM me if you need more info.

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/
No, the closest thing to deals gap in Arkansas and I think they are even better, more variety, is hwy 123 between hwy 65 and 7 and Push mtn. road (hwy 341) south of Mtn. Home on 201, left on 341 to hwy 14. I do love Talimena drive too.

http://www.pushmountainpics.com/
Go to this site and to the sept.11 09 album. Click to watch the sport bike show and the first one is my son on the white CBR and in the touring show I am on the white 1800 with the really bright lights and my buddy Monk is the second red 1800.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

I may see you around those parts. I will spend the night in Conway on the 26th and head to Bull Shoals on the 27th. I plan on staying in that area until 29th. After Bull Shoals I will be heading west to Alpina to pick up Hwy 412 over to Hwy 23 south. I will be meeting 5-7 other friends in Ozark and we will ride the mountains until Saturday. Sunday will be the ride home. I spent my honeymoon in Eureka springs last summer and would love to go back, but there so much more of Arkansas that I will get to see. I, so, have biking fever right now. If you see the green machine, and I see you, I will be waving a hand to ya.

Have a safe ride!

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Oldshack wrote:
Fred's Fish House go east on 62 about 4 mi. past Walmart,HWY 101 North 1/2 block left side road.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
imported post

All of the above mentioned are great rides. Give me a call when you are in town 870-431-5986 if you have time.

Norm :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.