Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well, we head out tomorrow for our summer job. We go to Cimarron, N.M. and work for the Boy Scouts at Philmont Scout Ranch. YES, I am trailering the Wing :action:

with my wifes car and the Scooter is on a motorcycle rack on the front of the truck. I will have to post a pic. I had a motorcycle rack built to haul it on. Another one I saw had a HD attached to the front of the truck. I have a 40 ' camper behind it. I hauled it last year and it did great. I can't wait to ride the mountains and get out of this heat. We have set record highs here the last few days. can anyone recommend good rides

in Colorado? If anyone is planning on ridingthru Cimarron, please letus know and we will treat ya. :waving:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Hey Winger77, why not post the boat-load of pics from your ride last year? They were BEAUTIFUL!

I rode northern CO last year, [4 inches of snow on June 11th up there] so I can't add much to this route, except, DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA(S) !!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

Winger77 is on the money. I'd recommend starting at Durango, north to Ridgeway, turn west to Placerville, then south again to Telluride. After a short visit to Telluride, back track out of town, then take Hwy 145 to Cortez, then back east to Durango. That in itself is a good days ride. You also need to take time for stops in Ouray and Silverton.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Popeye wrote:
Hey Winger77, why not post the boat-load of pics from your ride last year? They were BEAUTIFUL!

I rode northern CO last year, [4 inches of snow on June 11th up there] so I can't add much to this route, except, DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA(S) !!
Nice of you to say that Popeye, Thank You.

This isa youtube video of my trip. I had a great song that played with it, BUT ,,,,,,, youtube removed the song because of copy write laws :X:X. The song is by Nancy Griffith "Across the Great Divide". ,,,,, Went real well with the video

Don't forget to full size the screen:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r12A7OGLig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.