Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This darling old gal of a bike has everything but a voltage and oil pressure gauge. The voltage unit is easy but I would like to install a true pressure gauge via a tube filled partially with oil and actually pressurized by the bike's oil pump(s). Are there any existing oil ports on the GL 1100 1980 version? Failing that I could "T" off the oil sending port, does anyone know the size and thread on the female side of this port? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

I can't see anyone knowing the size of the pressure switch port, short of taking the oil pressure switch out and measuring it. You can buy OP gauges with the bendable tubing and enough adapters to T off the oil pressure switch hole.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I have an external gauge coming off the oil pressure switch on my 83A. looks pretty good with a chrome supply tube and gauge housing. The POput it on so I don't know the thread size.

The attached pic is not very good but......

Bob :11grey:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

These adapters are easy enough to get from car accessory shops that sell the OP kits. Just bring your existing OP switch to check it out. Between cars and motorcycles there are only about 8 different hole sizes altogether.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I fitted one of these kits to a Honda Nighthawk years ago. Several adapters and T bits were supplied in the kit. You can drill and tap a hole somewhere else in the engine, but the best thing to do is simply T off the OP switch as you know thats the optimum place for your pickup already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.