Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 85 1200 i am long legged so i have the seat althe way back wich is great when i am by myself. When the wife getts on she is pushing me foward she can not get all the way back into her seat because it is under the edge of the trunk. what i need to do is move the trunk back about 3 in. I have studyed the mounts (without removing the trunk) and doesn't look like there is any adjustment is Thier??

I really dont want to pull the trunk untill i'm ready to do somthing with it (i'm kinda wierd that way) if thier are not adjustment is thier a adapter plate or some such that i can pick up some where or am i going to have to make one.

Yes i know some of you will say get a bigger bike god knows all my freinds have but i like the old bike's not my fault pepole were smaller back then.lol

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

I've often seen such adjuster plates on eBay. I believe that you might lose the quick-release ability to remove the trunk.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

I wonder if there is adjuster plates for the 1100, that is a great idea my friend, my wife and I also could use just a little more room. bigdaddy

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Long shot wrote:
I have a 85 1200 i am long legged so i have the seat althe way back wich is great when i am by myself. When the wife getts on she is pushing me foward she can not get all the way back into her seat because it is under the edge of the trunk. what i need to do is move the trunk back about 3 in. I have studyed the mounts (without removing the trunk) and doesn't look like there is any adjustment is Thier??

I really dont want to pull the trunk untill i'm ready to do somthing with it (i'm kinda wierd that way) if thier are not adjustment is thier a adapter plate or some such that i can pick up some where or am i going to have to make one.

Yes i know some of you will say get a bigger bike god knows all my freinds have but i like the old bike's not my fault pepole were smaller back then.lol

I would stay away from ebay for trunk relocation kits and buy from cyclemaxohio or chrischrome, wingstuff etc.. it only costs about 30 bucks for the kits new and are super easy to install. Some on here have made their own with great results do a search and see how they did it. I'm 6'4" and 300 pounds and my wife did the same to me the relocation kit saved my knees and back, also highway pegs are a blessing too.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

Also make sure you have the trunk brace in the trunk, mine didn't and it payed the price , cracked really bad, had to do some major repairs to it due to no brace.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

big daddy wrote:
I wonder if there is adjuster plates for the 1100, that is a great idea my friend, my wife and I also could use just a little more room. bigdaddy
same applies to 1100 as my last post ;)

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I can't remember where I bought mine, but it said it was for the 1100 and 1200, but you loose the ability to release the trunk on the 1100's. Lots of places sell them. If you do a google search you should have no problem finding one.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
I would stay away from ebay for trunk relocation kits and buy from cyclemaxohio or chrischrome, wingstuff etc.. it only costs about 30 bucks for the kits new and are super easy to install. Some on here have made their own with great results do a search and see how they did it. I'm 6'4" and 300 pounds and my wife did the same to me the relocation kit saved my knees and back, also highway pegs are a blessing too.

Ride Safe, Ray

Also make sure you have the trunk brace in the trunk, mine didn't and it payed the price , cracked really bad, had to do some major repairs to it due to no brace.
Bought mine on Ebay. It had two sets of mounting holes - one for the 1200 and one for the 1100. It fit fine and cost me $32, including shipping but that was a year ago.

HTH

JimC in NC (USA)

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I am trying to find the site that has the relocation kit, it was listed for 29.00. Its bugging the crap out of me because I can't find the site:X

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

JimC wrote:
RayandTracy wrote:

Ride Safe, Ray

Bought mine on Ebay. It had two sets of mounting holes - one for the 1200 and one for the 1100. It fit fine and cost me $32, including shipping but that was a year ago.

HTH

JimC in NC (USA)
Jim, meant nothing bad about ebay but usually I've seen folks pay way to much for the kits on ebay, just pays to shop around.

Ride Safe, Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.